Stated as being very powerful, they also have negative side effects while they are equipped.
Blueprints may be obtained through the Clan Dojo's Orokin Lab research (use the "Solar Rail" console, which is near the hologram).
|Time: 1 m|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 500|
|Orokin Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 1 hr|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
|Symbols shown left of shield/health bar during missions|
Once a Dragon Key is used to open the vault, it will immediately be removed from your inventory. If you were only carrying one of that type of key, the debuff from the Dragon Key will be removed, as it is no longer equipped.
Picking up the Orokin artifact will add another Dragon Key penalty to both the player's Warframe and the Operator, even if it is the same one. Dragon Key penalties can be stacked on one Warframe, so for example, a player could have the effects of two Hobbled Keys which will reduce the speed of Warframe to 25% of what it normally would be.
- The Orokin artifact debuff reapplies every time you switch to the Operator. For example, if you received the effect of the Bleeding Key, you'll continue to lose health every time you activate the Operator, down to a cap of 10 HP.
- The Orokin artifact debuff reapplies every time you die and respawn.
- The Hobbled Key stacks slow effect when the player starts Glassmaker's detective maps.
- While it is possible for a lone player to carry all 4 Dragon Keys, a four-person squad is ideal for speed-running the Orokin Vaults, as each player would carry a different Dragon Key. This not only ensures that at least one player will always have the appropriate key to access Orokin Vaults but also allowing each player to only suffer the effect of one Dragon Key at a time. The other strategy is to have one player with all four keys, and the three other players fully effective to do the mission and search the Orokin Vaults.
- If a player has completed The War Within, they can use their Operator to accomplish the objective before opening the vault, since Operators are not affected by Dragon Key debuffs. Most Amp compositions are strong enough to kill anything on Deimos, and the Operator's void abilities (particularly Void Dash) can be used to traverse the map quickly, easily, and safely. This also makes Operators the best way to accomplish Orokin Vault runs as a solo player, especially with the Way-Bound Focus abilities unlocked.
- The easiest way to obtain a Corrupted Mod is to play the exterminate node (Phlegyas), since fewer rooms are likely to spawn.
- Be sure to remove any keys from the gear when playing normal missions, as the key will apply the debuff as long as you have it equipped.
Dealing with penalties
- Hobbled Key only reduce the walk/run speed, not the speed of Maneuvers like Bullet Jump.
- can temporarily add speed bonuses to teammates to counter Hobbled Dragon Key penalties.
- can rely on his slide passive to bypass the Hobbled Dragon Key penalties.
- Since and have no shields, it is best to equip them with a Decaying Dragon Key. Rhino's likewise avoids shield damage.
- A relying on Shield HP mods or a could hold a Bleeding key and minimally affect their health.
- The damage penalty from the Extinguished Dragon Key does not reduce the damage done by or , as they do bonus flat damage.
- In a pinch, , , or with Augments can increase damage dealt to enemies.
- can use his passive to become immune to most forms of damage, helping him survive with the effects of Bleeding and Decaying Dragon Keys.
Last updated: Hotfix 28.0.5 (2020-06-17)
|Usable||Antiserum Injector • Antitoxins • Apothics • Archgun Deployer • Archwing Launcher • Cipher • Dragon Keys • Grustrag Three Beacon • Health Restore • K-Drive Launcher • Necramech Summon • Omni Ammo Box • On Call Crew • Pheromone Synthesizers • Requiem Ultimatum • Stalker Beacon • Stims • Wolf Beacon • Zanuka Hunter Beacon|
|Equipable||Codex Scanner • Cutters • Echo-Lures • Fishing Spears • Pheromone • Synthesis Scanner • Tranq Rifle|
|Deployable||Air Support Charges • Baits • Fosfors • Kinetic Siphon Trap • Loc-Pin • Luminous Dye • Pharoma • Pherliac Pod • Specter • Team Bonus Consumables|
|Event-Restricted||Eidolon Phylaxis • Fomorian Disruptor • Infested Catalyst • Razorback Cipher • OpLink|
|Cosmetic||Eros Arrow Skin • Glyph Prism • Grand Finale • Ki'Teer Fireworks • Remote Observer • Starburst|