|Symbols shown left of shield/health bar during missions|
Stated as being very powerful, they also have negative side effects while they are equipped.
Blueprints may be obtained through the Clan Dojo's Orokin Lab research (use the "Solar Rail" console, which is near the hologram).
|Time: 1 m|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price: 500|
|Orokin Lab Research •3,000|
|Time: 1 hr|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Once a Dragon Key is used to open the vault, it will immediately be removed from your inventory. If you were only carrying one of that type of key, the debuff from the Dragon Key will be removed, as it is no longer equipped.
Picking up the Orokin artifact will add another Dragon Key penalty to both the player's Warframe and the Operator, even if it is the same one. Dragon Key penalties can be stacked on one Warframe, so for example, a player could have the effects of two Hobbled Keys which will reduce the speed of Warframe to 25% of what it normally would be.
- The Orokin artifact debuff reapplies every time you switch to the Operator. For example, if you recieved the effect of the Bleeding Key, you'll continue to lose health every time you active the Operator, down to a cap of 10 HP.
- Before, a four-person squad is ideal for speed-running the Orokin Vaults. Each player would carry a different Dragon Key, ensuring at least one player will always have the appropriate key to access Orokin Vaults. Now that's no longer the case considering one player can carry all of them.
- The easiest way to obtain Corrupted Mods is to craft Orokin Derelict Exterminate Keys as these missions generally have fewer rooms, thus making vaults easier to find.
- Be sure to remove any keys from the gear when playing normal missions, as the key will apply the debuff as long as you have it equipped.
Dealing with penaltiesEdit
- Volt can temporarily add speed bonuses to teammates to counter Hobbled Dragon Key penalties.
- Since Inaros and Nidus have no shields, it is best to equip them with a Decaying Dragon Key. Rhino's Iron Skin likewise avoids shield damage.
- A Mag relying on Shield HP mods could hold a Bleeding key and minimally affect their health.
- The damage penalty from the Extinguished Dragon Key does not reduce the damage done by Concealed Explosives or Thunderbolt, as they do bonus flat damage.
- In a pinch, Rhino, Valkyr, or Mirage with Augments can increase damage dealt to enemies.
- The best way of dealing with dragon key debuffs is to finish the objective as the Operator before opening the vault. A standard 223 amp is strong enough to kill anything in the Derelict, and the Operator's void abilities (particularly void dash) can be used to traverse the map quickly, easily, and safely.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.10.3