Devstream #51 started on April 24th, 2015, @ 2 PM EST
And of course the awesome Livestream crew (Tom, Dean, Warren, Conner, Danielle, Arthur, Jake), Megan, and everyone at DE!
Proto-Excalibur and Nemesis Nyx are out now... what's next?
- Not sure... but we're not done with these yet
Any chance of cutting Nemesis Nyx's tail?
- Nope, it's part of her design
- Sorry it's so huge (11GB) it won't happen again!
- Testing the Vay Hek Trial on PS4 to make sure it's running ok
False Profit event
- We've had a few problems/oversights on launching the event, fixed some, working on fixing others
- Scoring is going to change; there will be a score multiplier for higher level Bursa to reduce grind
- The different levels of Offering have no effect on the event score, only the time it takes to transmit, and the amount of credits received from hacking
- Going to tweak the spawning of random mobs as well
- The Riot MOA will be tweaked further based on feedback; blinding attack already will have greatly reduced range, and telegraphed more
- Nef Anyo won't arrive as a boss for a while (beyond U17), but expect more appearances from him until then
- Nef Anyo and Derf Anyo are still going to be a duo, in the final boss encounter with him
- The sound team is working on boss battle music
- Click HERE to see the sound team getting underwater sound samples
- Designed to be very "vertical"
- Will feature many parkour areas
- Will debut Sabotage 2.0; initially exclusive to Underwater tileset, will expand later
- Click HERE to see a pre-view of the tileset
- Grineer Frogman is the basic "Lancer" enemy
- Frogman is a Sharkwing enemy with a speargun
- Release within 2 months
- Click HERE to see Tyl animations!
Kela de Thaym
- Release date is beyond U17
- Grineer women are the most intelligent and scary enemies; expect her to be a real threat
- Although her graphic design is done, still working on her actual boss fight mechanics
What goes into making a boss fight (invulnerability phases, knockdown, etc)
- The damage in Warframe, dealt to bosses and to players, is "too spiky"
- Nobody (Devs included) enjoy anything that denies damage, but it's currently one of the few ways to combat the inflating damage economy in Warframe
- Always discussing possible changes to address this, but the scope is too large for a Devstream
- The newly implemented "diminishing returns" is a possible way to not render players helpless while extending the boss battle
- In the future, it would be nice to implement resistances, such as "boss is resistant to CC"
- Was hoping to show it off, but it's not quite ready
- Expect to see some more next stream (Reb demo'ing)
- J-3 Golem is the next Trial (Raid)
- Archwing/normal gameplay transition
- Like Law of Retribution, there will be multiple stages, as you travel inside it
- Click HERE to see lots of J-3 animations!
- Click HERE to see a short clip of the orbiter compartment
Warframe Nexus (Mobile App)
- Will be able to check foundry and craft things
- Minigames that will allow you to earn things in the main game
- Access clanchat
- Deploy Extractors (might be something else you can do in U17 with them)
- Will not be able to alter Warframe colour schemes
- Working on in still, got distracted by Trial optimization
From Design Council: Hints and Tips are coming!
- Might include things like elemental combinations and other useful tips
- These tips are from players, so will be of actual value
Dark Sectors PVP
- Will get a big overhaul
- Probably not coming back until the next major update
- Expect more on this next Devstream
- Not worried about Syndicate bosses until the current bosses get re-worked
- Syndicate assassins drop Specter blueprints (I guess this is live on PC now? News to me)
- Armour coming
- Tweaks with Stabilizers, Stasis, and Genetic Foundry coming
- Looking at balance versus Sentinels in general
- There's a new breed of Kubrow coming
More Archwing content?
- Yes, there's stuff coming
- Also, J-3 is coming
What will make Sentients unique?
- When they land in the trailer, you can see they are linked together, they share experiences
- When one dies, it transfers that experience to the rest
- That's all for now