Devstream #46 started on February 6th, 2015, @ 2 PM ESTSheldon!
On The Couch From LEFT to Right:
- Studio Manager | Brady Bunch! Sheldon!
- Animation Director | Mystery height Geoff!
- Creative Director | Pushing people around Steve!
- Statue | Facing the Camera Excalibur!
- Horsey | Shy Butterscotch!
- Community Manager | "Internet month is like 30 seconds" Rebecca!
- Design Director | Third Eye Googly Scott!
And of course the awesome Livestream crew (Tom, Dean, Warren, Conner, Danielle, Arthur, Jake), Megan, and everyone at DE!
TennoLive in 4 weeks at PAX East! Got some cool secrets to show you! Tickets no longer available, invitations will be sent to applicants in about a week
PS4 update will come on Tuesday, XB1 update planned for Tuesday but may come later! The Next Warframe
Scott: We're allowed to? "DRAGON THEME"
- Energy color determines element of attacks!
- "Will players with more color palettes have more abilities?" Hopefully not! Should work with just the standard colors, might be a few bugs
And news on FushPishers? Archwing Underwater?Edit
- Level design team is working on the new tileset now!
- "Polish pass" for Archwing coming as well. Changes to Archwing based on dual-medium-movement (space/water)
What specifics of J3-Golem fight will encourage players to fight him frequently?
- Usual plan is to finish the work, then implement rewards
- Sheldon: "Yes there is, not revealing it yet!"
Squealed in happiness when Hek was moved! Will Infested Alad get the same treatment?
- It's been met with great reactions. Perhaps!
- We hear player complaints about grind; it grinds on us as well!
- Warframes in a quest really reduces RNG, might be the way forward for most frames.
- Originally, Warframes came from bosses, but they were RNG, and now that boss ambition has grown immensely, we had to and still are looking for ways to make acquisition better
- Early release pattern of bosses tied to planets. Then WFs outpaced bosses. Time to revisit all the systems in the game!
- Anyone can go back and check this stuff. Thank DE_Ben for the Hek-to-planet change!
- MATCHMAKING: 1 host, 7 clients currently. Still working on MM
- Potentially open lobbies, but also need teamwork (no Leeroy)
- There will be puzzles AND bosses! Bosses with puzzles!
- (Fluff) Forma looks like puzzle pieces? 8 player jigsaw puzzles?
- More demand for thinking, coordination
- We will not shy away from making these missions hard!
- Very interesting reward structure! New rewards you've never seen before! Some folks might be familiar with them...
- Focus system took another black eye; one more Focus idea put into a different concept!
- This is the year of QUALITY, not QUANTITY. More interesting stuff to do, rather than more stuff to power up.
- "Focus has become our Half-Life 3" -Reb
Where did Baro go?Edit
- UI Bugs, we're fixing them now, had to take him out to fix them!
Player concept enemies? Role in new content?
- MANIC render and animations! Standing! Kicking! Lunging! Flailing! FACE-SLAPPING!
- Sub-boss type enemy; stealth unit. Can drop on you, super fast
- How will new enemies scale with high-level gear? If it's in a Raid, you will cry!
If the destroyed relay stations are rebuilt, will anything be new?
- There's more stuff going into Relays! New areas! Different tiers of relays
For U16, new relay characters: NEW CEPHALON. Designates specific enemies for "collection;" like scanning and trapping.
- New gear, codex (Dematerializer). New playstyles and tools to capture these units! "Building a Virtual reality Noah's Ark"
- (Fluff) Capture target Chooluthu
- Trapping leaderboards!
- When the whole community finishes the mission, everyone gets new lore
- New players will be able to do old and new missions
- All Mastery Tests you've done (plus your upcoming one) in game can now be practiced in the Library!
- Unique rewards: "a syndicate without enemies." Neutral entity
And the CONCLAVE MASTER (PvP Progression)
- Neutral syndicate
- We're working on PvP because we want to make it better. Progression is important, unique PvP
- In order to balance multiplayer, only starter frames and MK1 weapons (plus all Braton variants) have been balanced and available to play.
- Separate PvP loadouts will be available. Only mods balanced for PvP will be available for use
- More frames/weapons/mods unlocked as balance implemented and updates roll out!
- Dark Sectors in their current state will be removed in the future
- Our small PvP team is working super hard on this! Give them props!
Parkour 2.0 changes? Climbing, takedown "like in other games?"
- Not when we first launch it. Polish passes for animation smoothness and increased mobility options
- We might need to adjust some tilesets
NEW PVP GAMEPLAY! 4v4 CTFEdit
- Factions: SUN (Team Rebecca) vs. MOON (Team Sheldon) Primetime vs. Devstream!
- Capture the Flag: First to 5 captures wins
- Clan logos will be seen in bases!
- Icons above enemy player heads
- Energy is a resource to be controlled on the map
- HIGHLY WIP! Nothing is finished!
- (Fluff) Rebecca Beast Mode!
- Flow of battle: fight, build energy, use abilities! But you might not live long enough to use it!
- Weapon/Frame XP can be earned in PVP!
- First Bug: Oh no unauthorized frames!
- NOT A FORCED MODE. PVP will be optional, no significant content locked behind
- Warframe's mobility really adds a new dynamic
- Proper death animations added
- Abilities might work differently in PvP due to balancing, but should match general use
- All weapon/frame/mod balances for PvP will be for PvP only; PvE effectiveness won't be affected
- There will be specific PvP mods for PvP only
- There will be a kill-feed of who killed who
- No teleporting on map-fall; counts as death
- (Fluff) Sheldon is cheating! Has Infinite Energy and Invincibility on! "Only K/D that matters is real life" -Rebecca
- Hoping for U16 launch! No idea if it'll be one node, or fully deployed across system
PvP Loadout: Where the Archwing button used to be, there is no ARCHWING, COOP, PVP.
- Mods appropriate for PvP will have a diamond on them. The UI will filter them for you when in PVP Loadout
- You will have loadout setups you can switch between during PvP matches
- If a particular loadout becomes OP we will balance it
U16 release date?Edit
- Soon TM! "Just around the corner!"
Prime mods? Cores farming? Drop adjustments?
- Adjustments are coming, no more "just Survival"
Every Update has a unique feature that changes the game. U13 was Dark Sectors, U14 Ships, U15 Archwing. U16 is?
- RAIDS and PVP. Two new game modes that will expand on the player experience
- And the new Warframe too! "Feels very different"
- "Remember when the Updates were about the frames, now it's just a feature of them!"
Flow particles? Tech improvements?
- "Reverb!" -Steve
- All these graphical updates! PBR! Lipsynch! Flow Particles!
- Console framerate issues being worked on
- Coming soon!
- Coming U16!
Syndicate standing halving: Daily Cap determined by Mastery Rank. Medallions & Syndicate missions no longer count towards this, however, so you can farm those.
- The ratio of earning has been brought down for balance; don't want players to just press 4 and get Mastery
- Early MR folks can earn a bit more now
- We are talking about it, so changes may still come
- Glen's still working on Strict NAT issues!
- We're going to get around Strict NAT, "destroy University firewalls!"
Will Raids have a Mastery Requirement?
Juicing or unjuicing of weapons?
- No comment!
- New animations in the works
- No; we will improve movement and parkour
- We tried cover way back when, it didn't work at all