- 1 Announcements
- 1.1 Housekeeping
- 1.2 Redistributed Void Drop Tables
- 1.3 Snowglobe Nerf
- 1.4 HUD Customization
- 1.5 Melee 2.0
- 1.6 Endgame
- 1.7 Corpus On Starchart
- 1.8 Concept Art For Inspiration?
- 1.9 Utility and process of node-to-node progression?
- 1.10 Brakk, Event Exclusive Or?
- 1.11 PS4 Performance
- 1.12 Thoughts For Warframe Abilities/Mods?
- 1.13 Lore
- 1.14 Serration Retirement!?
- 1.15 Next Primed Warframe
- 1.16 Warframe Merch Store Coming Soon!
- 1.17 New Art and Tilesets
- 1.18 More Mini-event like Oxium thing?
- 1.19 Darvo Alert, replayability?
- 1.20 Stealth!
- 1.21 Parkour 2.0
- 1.22 Councilor Vay Hek
- 1.23 DERF?
- 2 Media
The developers at Digital Extremes have done another installment of their Livestream Developer Q&A.
The stream started on February 7, @ 2pm EST.
Credit goes to BuildMyPaperHeart on Reddit.
- New Wiki redesign (working with the this Wiki!) "Phresh"
- PS4 Update 12: Coming after three critical patches. Patches will begin deployment next week.
- WARFRAME has passed Sony Certification in Japan, and will launch with the PS4 in that region!
- Update 12 Happened, lots of cool stuff
Redistributed Void Drop Tables
- They have been deployed!
- Defense & Survival: 15 Minute rewards are actually 20 minute rewards; mistype from 4am deployment of U12. Live since yesterday
was nerfed heavily, making players worried that other useful end-game frames (Nova, Vauban) will also be nerfed. Irrational fear? Follow up: a lot of powers have power/damage changes depending on armor/enemy stats, but others (Loki's Radial Disarm) are not. Balance issues?
- Scott: I noticed a lot of times I played Frost, I got bored; I get brought on missions to hit 3. Is this the perfect solution? Maybe not, but we wanted him to be more dynamic, and we're taking your suggestions
- Frost Power Utility: freezing and damage
- We are looking into more customization options for the HUD! Keep up the suggestions!
- They've heard your feedback, they're working on it!
- Give your support to Dorian and Pablo, the HUD gurus!
- Aiming for end of February release
- Programmers, Sound Design, other elements are overloaded
- The new Grineer Hammer was given polearm animations as a placeholder, will be replaced
- VIDEOS of "some crazy stuff," most of it leaked via Design Council. Three potential projects!
- NOTE: Another summary was posted on the Design Council, check out the leak here!
- REMINDER: These are just ideas, nothing finalized yet!
- find a lens/paths/skill trees, basically, that affect Warframe/Weapon performance or skills.
- "Find a Warrior Lens, excess XP goes to Warrior Points, then based on Mastery you can unlock points to use in the skill trees.
- Will not be like mods" "Focus state: BEAST MODE?"
- "Per player account, not just gear-focused! Upgrading YOU as a Tenno, not just your gear"
- The economics of it aren't "awesome" right now, will be improved upon
- Trying to make good on Battle Pay: side allegiances will be tracked with factions
- Clans gain alliances with the factions
- SECRET ORDERS: "Red Veil; a guild of assassins" - "The Oracles of Saturn; collecting information about the Warframe Universe"
- Secret orders will give standing points and rise in the ranks of those organizations.
- Interesting cosmetic items, exclusive mods as rewards for secret order missions
- More of a sandbox game for newer players, rather than restrictive "progression" style
- A "lore buffet" - "vor's prize"
- If you are enemy #1 with the Corpus, or revered with the Red Veil, players can have a personality for their Tenno
- Locations in Starchart that are ADDED to the game, unaccessible until a large clan (or alliance of small clans) can cooperate to build a SOLAR RAIL
- Once a clan builds a Solar Rail in that location, everyone can take the Solar Rail to this new location! However, there is a tax!
- Clan/Alliance can control the mission tax/toll. Toll road
- Badlands will have better mod drop rates, higher resource concentrations, perhaps rarer enemy types
- Another Clan/Alliance can oppose the current Solar Rail by building their own and "Challenging" it. Territory conflict
- Battle Pay-like system where users will fight for the side they support! Similar to ===Invasions===
- Doesn't seem to be PVP, no indications of Player vs Player. More likely PVE with clan impact
- Special bonuses on clan help/membership; reduced or removed toll
- The Badlands will have NO EXCLUSIVE ITEMS
Corpus On Starchart
- Harvester is a primary cause: "Attack on Tenno"
- We can't tell exactly what we're doing... but play Darvo's mission and you might find out! "Project Tethra?"
- "We are very aware of it, we have heard the Grineer are maybe doing something..." -Scott
Concept Art For Inspiration?
- Yup! Zephyr concept was very inspiring for us!
- Dive Bomb is getting looked at; we know there's an issue. Damage may be going through the floor of the mission
Utility and process of node-to-node progression?
- "I can't believe you're showing this today" -Sheldon
- VIDEO of the VESPER RELAY: Screenshot gallery
- Stations in each planet (in this case, Venus). Different stations for each planet!
- "The beginning of the Death of the StarChart" -Steve. We're taking the UI and putting it into the game. "Stations" to connect missions. A new large-scale lobby, like Phantasy Star hubs/Citadel in Mass Effect where all players can hang out and chat before going into missions
- No more kneeling on weird circle things, but in a real place to dock your ship and travel between areas!
- Emotes will be implemented here primarily
- In-game Market as well! The game currently has no sense of "presence." Want to make the game more immersive
- Simple UIs for quick travel and basic functions, but a place to hang out and have a character
- Wall-mounted Alert system
- Trading stations in-station as well!
Brakk, Event Exclusive Or?
- The "Disney Vault" of Warframe, many items will return in the future
- Founders' Exclusives will remain exclusive, and will not ever be available again: Excal, Lato, Skana Primes
- Brakk codename: "Little Mermaid"
- You can expect at least double framerate or more in the Void (we'll also fix this for PC as well)
Thoughts For Warframe Abilities/Mods?
- No release date yet, but 2014 has brought code support for abilities that work for any Warframe
- Players can start to customize their Warframes further
- Idle packs to be used on all frames: Rhino in the Ember pose, "let's embrace it" -Geoff. "Sexy Rhino" -Steve
- Embrace the customization
- Ember Codex entry
- Darvo's new mission
- Hyenas are going to be in the Codex soon, sorry about that!
- No, we're not retiring Serration, but we do want to increase damage diversity
- Circumstantial Damage buffs? Ex. Damage+ on headshots, Damage+ on unaware enemies, etc.
Next Primed Warframe
- 90% Chance with it being Rhino or Loki!
- Will launch with Melee 2.0, end of February
Warframe Merch Store Coming Soon!
- OH MY GOD!
- "Squeaky clean and oh so sexy"
- Gangster Lotus
New Art and Tilesets
- VIDEO of the Shipyard set, very dark
- Tenno Katana/Wakazashi (Lotus symbol at the bottom of the guard)
- Lever-Action rifle/dual pistol concepts! Cool Terminator style reloads! May come next week
- Corpus Freeze Ray Gun
- Grineer Acid Rifle concept
- Primary Tenno Crossbow
- Grineer Death Squad drops new weapons?
- Melee Contest stuff is coming as well!
More Mini-event like Oxium thing?
- Yup. Yep. Yes.
- Tied into the Proxy War system or Planetary Stations
- The Darvo Alert had some cool concepts as well
Darvo Alert, replayability?
- They agree with us, we want to find a way to put them back in!
- Codex entries for replay options?
- We will figure it out!
- Banshee tweaks, "Silence" and Stealth
- Once Stealth features are implemented, Silence will become OP, so we're working on finding a balance -Scott
- It's a joke!
Councilor Vay Hek
- Still getting rigged
- Don't have a release date, complexity is much higher than anticipated
- More complex boss fights coming in the future