Despair are a set of throwing knives with micronic edges, used by the Stalker.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Good critical chance.
- Good status chance.
- Can hit multiple enemies in a line.
- Very high reload speed.
- Capable of using the thrown-exclusive mod Concealed Explosives.
- Has two polarity.
- Low Slash and Impact damage – less effective against health and shields.
- Below average critical multiplier.
- Low fire rate.
- Projectiles have travel time and travel in an arc, making it hard to hit at longer ranges and achieve headshots.
|Main Blueprint||5.53%||18 – 19 kills||121 ± 40 kills|
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help with ammo economy.
- Alternatively, bring along Squad Ammo Restore.
- For effective use of non-hitscan weapons, it is strongly recommended to learn how to aim ahead of your target so the projectile takes into account travel time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A "monofilament" is a type of wire or edge, consisting of a single strand or side of strongly bound together molecules. This creates an edge that is micron or even nanometer thin, the sharpest possible.
- Typically, they are applied as a cutting tool or a weapon that can sever nearly any object or other molecules.
- Organic molecular wires have been proposed for usage in optoelectronics.
- Similarly to the Hikou and Kunai, the Despair is a secondary thrown weapon that deals mostly Puncture damage.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.3
See also[edit | edit source]
- Stalker, the assassin who uses the Despair.
- Kunai, a similar weapon.
- Hikou, another thrown secondary.