Refer to the weapon's ability page for a list of mods that affect the weapon.
This weapon deals pure Impact damage.
- Pure Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Tied with Valkyr Talons for the highest critical chance of all melee weapons.
- Good base status chance.
- Can reach over 100% status chance with Reactive Storm.
- Attacks release waves that travel 20 meters with unlimited punch through.
- Waves can ragdoll enemies and reflect projectiles.
- Fist attacks have a chance to disarm.
- Innate two and one polarities.
- No Puncture or Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Wave damage dissipates with range.
- Wave damage is not boosted by Condition Overload.
- Wave hits do not count towards the Melee Combo Counter.
- Requires Restraint to activate and keep active.
- As an Exalted Weapon, it cannot benefit from, nor contribute to the set bonus of any Set Mods (excluding the Sacrificial Mod Set; the Gladiator Mod Set can still apply if equipped on Warframe, Melee or Robotic Weapons, and not on the Exalted Weapon itself).
- Cannot equip Melee Combo Counter Mods (except Drifting Contact), Acolyte Mods (e.g., Blood Rush), or Amalgam Mods (e.g., Amalgam Organ Shatter).
- Combo counter resets when equipped with Xoris.
- See Category:Desert Wind Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Desert Wind Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Desert Wind appears in the Arsenal after unlocking Baruuk's Serene Storm ability.
- Reach does not extend the wave range.
- Desert Wind is the second melee Exalted Weapon with innate range attack, the first being Exalted Blade.
Last updated: Hotfix 27.2.2
- Serene Storm, the ability that summons the weapon.
- Serene Storm (Stance), the weapon's exclusive stance.
- Baruuk, the weapon's user.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.