Forces fallen enemies around you to drop additional loot.
|Range:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 m|
|Misc:22.5% / 32% / 42.5% / 54% (drop table chance)|
- Nekros emits an aura of dark power that affects every corpse within a radius of 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters, consuming the corpses and granting a 22.5% / 32% / 42.5% / 54% chance to roll the corpse's drop table again to produce additional loot. After a 2-second delay on the first corpse within range, corpses are consumed one at a time in random order, with subsequent corpses consumed at a rate of 3 corpses per second.
- Corpse consumption rate is not affected by mods.
- Probability percentages are not affected by mods.
- Radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Additional loot includes all items normally found on the original enemy's loot table, such as Mods, plus Credits, Resources, Ammo Pickups, Health Orbs, Energy Orbs, Pigments, Life Support and Power Cells.
- Desecrate will consume 10 Energy for every corpse consumed. This ability will remain active for as long as Nekros has energy, or the ability is manually deactivated by pressing the ability key again.
- Energy per corpse is affected by Ability Efficiency.
- With the Despoil Augment installed, Desecrate will consume 10 Health per corpse instead, affected by Ability Efficiency.
- While the ability is active, Nekros can still move around freely.
- If toggled on, the ability icon will be grayed out and Nekros will shimmer faintly in his energy color.
- Desecrate affects the corpses of most enemies as well as dead faction allies from Invasions, The Grustrag Three, Eximus enemy corpses and Corrupted Vor's corpse if it is left behind. Desecrate does not work on enemies that explode on death, such as Volatile Runners, or on certain bosses including Sprag and Ven'kra Tel. Desecrate also affects the following:
- Vaporized enemies as long as Desecrate is cast before they fully disappear.
- Enemies vaporized by Nova's Molecular Prime even after the corpses have disappeared. When Desecrate is cast, the corpses appear and disappear quickly.
- Shadow corpses from Shadows of the Dead. Desecrating shadow corpses will only yield health orbs.
- Sometimes corpses yield no drops because the enemy's loot table includes a chance to drop nothing or due to lag where the corpse has already disappeared for the host.
- Successfully desecrated corpses will glow with the chosen energy color and turn into smoke before fading away.
- Initial activation of the ability has a cast time of 1.8 seconds.
- Main article: Despoil
- Know the timespan for a body to completely disintegrate:
- Grineer and Corpus corpses will disintegrate in 15 seconds.
- Infested corpses and Avalanched enemies will disintegrate in 5 seconds.
- Corpses from enemies affected with Molecular Prime or from Channeling kills will disintegrate in 3 seconds.
- Corpses from enemies affected with Miasma will disintegrate within a second.
- Enemies that do not leave bodies behind cannot be desecrated.
- Most useful in Survival missions, due to the large amount of enemies.
- Nekros can also desecrate personal life support from bodies.
- Bodies that are cut in half or into multiple halves before or after death by Slash damage are each treated as distinct "corpses", each part with their own chance to yield additional loot.
- Depending on the enemy type, some may be eligible to split into anywhere from 2 up to 6 parts, or none at all.
- There are several firearms that excel at this, despite not necessarily being the ones with the highest percentage Slash damage. These weapons are: Akjagara, Braton Prime, Flux Rifle, Kohm, Miter, Panthera, Tigris, Azima, Pyrana, Vastos (Vasto, Akvasto and Vasto Prime), Latos (Lato, Lato Prime and Lato Vandal).
- Desecrate synergizes well with Equilibrium – every energy orb picked up will regenerate health and vice versa, allowing for Desecrate to be constantly active, regardless of whether the player has the Despoil augment or not.
- When using Equilibrium it is beneficial to take a controlled amount of damage, or use Despoil in order to fully benefit from being able to pick up Health orbs (also consider using Rage or Hunter Adrenaline to recover energy while taking damage).
- Desecrate is also very effective in Excavation missions because it can be used on Power Carriers, possibly making them drop additional power cells.
- Because Hydroid's Undertow preserves the bodies of enemies it kills, Desecrate synergizes very well with it if used properly, especially on Defense or Survival missions.
- Corpses are consumed upon Desecrate's attempt to roll extra loot, regardless of success or not.
- Overlapping Desecrate using two or more Nekroses will not generate more loot. Only one Nekros is needed for the entirety of their Desecrate range. Having multiple Desecrating Nekroses may still be useful if the Nekroses themselves are spread out and not overlapping.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces range to 8.5 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost per corpse to 2.5 energy.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range increases range to 70 meters.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Strength has no positive effects on this ability.
- Increases cost per corpse to 15.5 energy.