Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Good base damage.
- High status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Fairly fast reload speed.
- High fire rate.
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Projectiles have travel time, making long range shots more difficult.
- The projectiles may possibly obstruct view when firing if the energy color is a bright color such as yellow, blue, or green.
- Very low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Inefficient ammo economy.
- Dera, compared to Dera Vandal:
- Lower base damage (30.0 vs. 32.0)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.6x vs. 2x)
- Lower status chance (22% vs. 30%)
- Smaller magazine (45 rounds vs. 60 rounds)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 7)
- Higher disposition (1.4 vs. 1.35)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The projectiles ricochet off of a Nullifier Crewman's bubble.
- Leading is incredibly important for this weapon, but once the user adjusts to the travel time, the high accuracy can allow them to fire off just as many pulses as they need.
- As of Update 9.0, the Projectile Speed for the Dera has been doubled, halving its flight time. According to datamining, it should now be 100 m/s which sounds accurate given that previous testing of flight time had it at around 50 m/s +/- 10 m/s.
- Due to the projectiles firing from alternating barrels, this has a convergence effect where the bolts will meet at the point the crosshair is on. This will result in the bolts crossing in an 'X' if they miss their target. It also means that Heavy Caliber's effects are significantly amplified, as the Dera's effective cone of deviation is twice as large as any other weapon's.
- The Dera can be considered an Assault Rifle, mainly by the weapon's size and rate of fire.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Dera Vandal's ammo efficiency can be increased by keeping a sense of roughly how many shots are required to kill a target. Because the projectiles have travel time, it is easy to waste ammo by firing at a target that will already be killed by projectiles that are in flight.
- Try to close distance against enemies when it is safe to do so as a reduced distance will drastically improve your ability to predict the location of the target when your shots arrive.
- Split Chamber works with this weapon, however, the projectiles travel inside of each other due to the 0% recoil of this weapon making the second projectile unable to be seen. This is a great advantage as you are essentially firing more pulses with no recoil.
- Using the Rifle Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed, due to the weapon's semi-quick ammo consumption. Alternatively, you can bring along some Squad Ammo Restores or use Carrier with its Ammo Case.
- Despite the Dera having perfect accuracy, adding Heavy Caliber quickly removes any accuracy advantage it has over other weapons due to the Dera shooting out of two different barrels. Basically, Heavy Caliber's accuracy penalty affects the Dera more than any other weapon.
- Similar to the Karak assault rifle, the magazine empties rather quickly, and a below average reload time causes problems against groups of enemies, as you will be reloading often. It is recommended to compensate for this by adding a max rank Fast Hands or Primed Fast Hands mod. One can also choose to slot in Shred, Metal Auger, Vigilante Offense or Primed Shred to allow for the weapon to perform better against groups of enemies.
- As it deals mostly Puncture damage, it is most effective against the Grineer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When introduced to the game, the weapon dealt only 7 damage because it was using the same projectiles that Corpus Crewmen's rifles did.
- The Dera has a very thin width, and viewed from the front it is only a few inches across or less.
- Given the blocky, utilitarian design of the weapon and its straight pistol grip, the Dera would likely be very uncomfortable to use. However, Crewmen wear thick suits, so this may be of little consequence.
- Originally the Dera would only fire out of its lower barrel but the newest version of the weapon alternates between barrels with shots from both hitting at the same point regardless of range.
- Reload animation does not seem to have any benefit other than mechanical movement, as no magazine or ammo is seen being added or taken away during the animation. It can be speculated that it is a heatsink cycling procedure of some kind.
- In line with the Latin naming scheme of most Corpus weapons, the word Dera has its roots with the Latin verb derado which means "I scrape off or graze off ".
- The Tenno researched version has perfect accuracy, however the Dera issued to Crewmen does not.
- Prior to Damage 2.0, Dera's Laser damage was most suitable against shields compared to its current low Impact damage. On the other hand, Laser damage was one of the weakest damage types against armor. Oddly enough, Diamond Skin claimed to reduce damage from this obsolete damage type (it currently reduces Radiation damage instead, and has since been updated accordingly).
- It can be turned into an effective anti-Grineer weapon by adding Piercing Caliber and equipping a corrosive or radiation build.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Crewman, the Corpus unit that uses the Dera.
- Dera Vandal, the Vandal variant of this weapon.
- Corrupted Lancer, the Corrupted unit that also uses the Dera.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.