The Denial Bursa is one of the three types of Bursa introduced in Operation False Profit, specializing in crowd-control and area-denial attacks. While most of it is protected by heavy armor, the back panel of the Denial Bursa represents its weakest point and holds a hackable console, which can only be accessed after the Bursa is incapacitated. Hacking the Bursa allows Tenno to turn it against the enemy for a short duration before expiring.
They have been added as regular enemies in Hotfix 18.4.10 and have a high chance of spawning whenever alarms are triggered in a Corpus mission of level 15 or higher.
These are based on opinions and may not be 100% true. These should be viewed as advice for finding the enemies until better facts are proven. For endless missions, players may need to stay in-mission for a while until these enemies start spawning.
|Neptune||Laomedeia||Disruption||25 - 30||Corpus Outpost|
|Europa||Baal||Exterminate||21 - 23||Corpus Ice Planet|
|Pluto||Narcissus||Exterminate||32 - 36||Corpus Outpost|
- While the Console cannot be hacked in combat, shooting it inflicts triple damage.
- Bursas are notably less agile compared to the MOA variants.
- All four of Limbo's abilities are fully effective on all 3 variants of Bursa with no duration reduction or diminishing returns. By using Banish or Cataclysm (preferably Banish, if playing Solo, as it's less likely to get caught in a Nullifier bubble) to push them into the Rift Plane, followed by Stasis to disable them, and a cast of Rift Surge to ensure they remain in the Rift Plane, a squad or even a solo player may easily dispatch Bursas.
- As the defensive Bursa type, Denial Bursas operate by finding a chokepoint between map tiles (i.e. doors) and deploying an energy barricade that prevents Tenno from advancing. Tenno trying to walk through the bars will suffer heavy Magnetic damage with its associated proc, along with a Dispel to any active buffs.
- While the barricade itself is largely invulnerable, the projectors that create it are not. Destroying the projectors (with weapons fire and certain Warframe abilities such as Valkyr's Paralysis) will deactivate the barricade.
- The Bursa will often loiter near the barricade, using its Shockwave Bash to knock players into it for almost certain death. As such, it is recommended to bring the field down (by destroying the field projectors) before engaging the Bursa.
- The Denial Bursa is mostly armed with utility firearms: Its primary weapon shoots an orb which emits energy beams that slow nearby Tenno, and it occasionally fires beams to blind up to two Tenno. It is also equipped with volley-firing missile launchers similar to the Jackal's.
- The Denial Bursa is equipped with two Riot Shields, which it can deploy forward to block the stunning or knockback effects of Warframe powers and abilities. However, the Bursa cannot move while the shields are deployed, allowing fast-acting Tenno to circle behind it and attack its weak point.
- The Denial Bursa emits a short-range aura that reduces armor and slows shield regeneration.
- The Denial Bursa is resistant to stunning and crowd control abilities.
- Another effective (if slow) method is to use Inaros' Devour to trap the Bursa and drain it. However, doing so will not create a sand shadow.
- Using a heavy damage weapon like Arca Plasmor in tandem with Rhino's Rhino Stomp ability to stun Denial Bursas can make quick work of them.
- Once alarms are active, a random Bursa can spawn within 30 seconds. After the initial Bursa is killed, a random Bursa will spawn every 60-180 seconds until alarms are reset. Needs more testing
- In Capture missions, after the capture target is collected, alarms are disabled and Bursas will stop spawning and enemies do not have the ability to reactivate alarms afterwards.
- Bursa will not spawn on normal missions below level 15 — Venus and Phobos. This stipulation is ignored if it is a Nightmare mission or an endless mission (Defense, Excavation, Interception, Survival).
- Initiating and failing a hack sequence will result in a Magnetic proc that drains the Warframe's energy.
- As of Update: Lunaro, hacked Bursas will now have a higher chance of dropping mods.
- Successfully hacking any defeated Bursa unit will cause it to immediately drop whatever loot it is carrying, rather than dropping its loot upon death.
- On Sorath, Europa, a Denial Bursa can spawn during the transportation of the objective.
- Narcissus, Pluto has a chance to spawn a Bursa 60-seconds after triggering the alarms.
- The Bursa was originally known as the Riot MOA, and is one of the winning fanmade designs from the Enemies of the Tenno contest, created by player Volkovyi aka Liger Inuzuka.
- Bursa is a Medieval Latin word meaning "purse", it also means "stock exchange" in several languages.
- For those who are trying to find Denial Bursas for the Sands of Inaros quest a good place to farm is Baal, Europa. You don't have to trigger the alarms and one should spawn. It could be a different kind of bursa though.
- Another way to find them for the Sands of Inaros quest is by doing solo Razorback kills, which require killing Bursas to kill the boss.
- It is possible to get three or more Bursas in a single mission through alarms and Condor Dropships.
- Using Parasitic Link on allied bursa will sometimes revert it to hostile state.
Last updated: Update 23.5
- Operation False Profit, the Event that introduced the Bursa.
- Drover Bursa, the offensive-oriented Bursa type.
- Isolator Bursa, the support-oriented Bursa type.
- Tactical Alert Divine Will, reintroduced the Bursa.