Behavior[edit | edit source]
In addition to missile fire, the Tendril Drone will occasionally emit a shrill, high-pitched screech before flinging themselves onto Warframes and latching onto them, causing HUD static akin to a Magnetic proc and deactivating any current Warframe abilities, such as Iron Skin, Roar, Shatter Shield, etc. Deployed abilities like Mass Vitrify and Snow Globe however stay.
They can be removed by rolling, or by killing them with an area of effect weapons and abilities. They can also be shot out of the sky before they reach you, though this task may prove to be slightly difficult if you are moving, as they will adjust to your current location and turn randomly to lock on to you again.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Missile fire appears to be anti-Archwing projectiles according to the game log, thus its usage against players on foot might be a bug similar to how turrets and certain enemies in the Orb Vallis/Plains of Eidolon use their anti-Archwing attacks against grounded frames.
- The drone will lock on to your Warframe akin to a homing projectile, so rolling to evade it will not work without incredibly precise timing. The only ways to comfortably or reliably destroy the drone at this time are to either destroy it before it reaches you or to roll after it latches on to you.
- There is a feature/bug that ensures the drone will stagger you at least once, even if you roll immediately after it latches on to you. In high-level missions, getting staggered means probable death, thus it is highly recommended to switch to the Operator if you hear the screech and cannot destroy it in time. Switching to the Operator ensures that you do not suffer the effects of the stagger and all Non-Umbra frames will go invulnerable, giving you ample time to shoot the drone out with your void beam and/or switch back to your Warframe after the first stagger is over.
- The screech emitted by the drone prior to launching is very unique and distinct; it is also quite loud. Should you hear it, look around for any drones so you can destroy them before they get to you.
- Sometimes, through the intense particles and projectiles launched by enemies such as the Deimos Carnis or the Deimos Jugulus, the drone becomes obscured and hard to see. It is best to not actively seek them out and wait for their distinctive warning screech before attempting to destroy them, and focus on higher priority targets in the meantime.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The drone appears to be a shrunken down version of Nidus' Larva ability, seemingly copying the same model for it.
- The Drone's screech is extremely similar to a Barn Owl screech, although it is marginally less high-pitched and appears to have some form of back-tone to it.