Void Damage is a special damage type that is almost exclusive to Operators, their Amps, and Xaku. Originally a placeholder damage type introduced in Update 18.0, it was formally named into the game in Update 22.0 with the inclusion of The Quills. While neutral across the board, it provides several advantages over Sentient enemies as follows:
- Guarantees a stun against drone-type Sentients like Battalysts and Conculysts.
- Nullifies any damage resistance developed by drone-type Sentients and the Shadow Stalker.
- Bypasses certain invulnerabilities possessed by Eidolon-type Sentient like the Eidolon Vomvalyst, Eidolon Teralyst, and the Ropalolyst.
Other known usage of this damage type are as follows:
- Destroy Kuva clouds in Kuva Siphon missions.
- Force Profit-Taker Orb's shields to adopt another damage type weakness.
- Activate a Requiem Obelisk.
- Properly open an Isolation Vault.
- Restore Loid's health.
The Status Effect of Void damage is Bullet Attractor, which creates a small 5 meter field centered around the target's torso to absorb and redirect all projectiles toward the center for 3 seconds. Afflicted enemies will also have their own projectiles redirected, preventing them from properly shooting the player.
Type Effectiveness[edit | edit source]
|Grineer Health||Void Modifier||Corpus Health||Void Modifier||Infested Health||Void Modifier|
|Ferrite Armor||Shield||Infested Flesh|
|Alloy Armor||Proto Shield||Fossilized|
Void Sources[edit | edit source]
Void damage can be found in the Operator's Void powers, which include:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Void damage is neither physical nor elemental; as such it receives no increases from Madurai's Phoenix Talons or Phoenix Spirit, and conversely it receives no penalties against resistances generated from Sortie conditions (Physical or Elemental Enhancements). Void damage deals full damage to enemies with either of these enhancements.
- Xaku's Void damage is only capable of procing its Bullet Attractor status and resetting Sentient resistances, and only Xata's Whisper and The Lost's Deny can do this. It lacks all other benefits, including bypassing Eidolon-type Sentient invulnerabilities and changing Profit-Taker Orb's shield weakness.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
|Offense||Critical Hit • Damage • Enemy Body Parts • Multishot • Punch Through|
|Defense||Armor • Damage Reduction • Health • Shield|
|Physical||Impact ( Ballistic) • Puncture ( Plasma) • Slash ( Particle)|
|Elemental||Cold ( Frost) • Electricity ( Ionic) • Heat ( Incendiary) • Toxin ( Chem)|
|Combined||Blast • Corrosive • Gas • Magnetic • Radiation • Viral|
|Unique||Tau • True • Void|
|Effect Only||Impair (PvP only) • Knockdown • Lifted • Ragdoll • Stagger|