Void Damage is a special damage type that is exclusive to Operators and their Amps. Originally a placeholder damage type introduced in Update 18, it was formally named into the game in Update 22 with the inclusion of The Quills. While ineffective against Cloned Flesh, Machinery and Fossilized, it provides several advantages over Sentient enemies as follows:
- Guarantees a stun against drone-type Sentients like Battalysts and Conculysts.
- Nullifies any damage resistance developed by drone-type Sentients and the Shadow Stalker.
- Bypasses certain invulnerabilities possessed by eidolon-type Sentient like the Eidolon Vomvalyst and Eidolon Teralyst.
- Forces Profit-Taker Orb's shields to adopt another damage type weakness.
Other known usage of this damage type are as follows:
The Status Effect of Void damage is Bullet Attractor, which creates a small 5 meter field around the target which absorbs and redirects projectiles over 3 seconds.
|Grineer Health||Void Modifier||Corpus Health||Void Modifier||Infested Health||Void Modifier|
|Ferrite Armor||Shield||Infested Flesh|
|Alloy Armor||Proto Shield||Fossilized||-50%|
In addition, Void damage is dealt by Operator Amps.
- With Void damage being a unique damage type, it receives no penalties against resistances generated from Sortie conditions (Physical or Elemental Enhancements). Void damage deals full damage to enemies with either of these enhancements, but is still diminished greatly by the damage resistance applied to heavily armored enemies along with its inherent ineffectiveness against Cloned Flesh, Machinery, and Fossilized health types.
|Offense||Critical Hit • Damage • Enemy Body Parts • Multishot • Punch Through|
|Defense||Armor • Health • Shield|
|Physical||Impact • Puncture • Slash|
|Elemental||Cold • Electricity • Heat • Toxin|
|Combined||Blast • Corrosive • Gas • Magnetic • Radiation • Viral|
|Unique||Tau • True • Void|