Viral Damage is one of the six secondary elemental damage types, composed of Cold and Toxin elements. It deals increased damage against Grineer and Corpus bodies, but reduced damage to most light Infested foes, with some heavy units being outright immune.
General[edit | edit source]
The status effect of Viral damage is Virus. It amplifies damage to the health of the afflicted target by 100% for 6 seconds. Subsequent procs add 25% increased damage to health up to 325% in total after 10 stacks, with each proc having their own duration. This effect will work even when the health is protected by armor ("yellow health"). Only the shield is not affected.
For status effects that apply damage over time (e.g. Slash, Toxin, Heat, Gas), the damage dealt by the proc throughout its duration is calculated based on whether or not a Viral proc is active when the DoT is procced. For example, a weapon with 100 damage that applies a Slash proc, if the target has 1 Viral proc, it will take 200 damage, then 70 damage per second from Bleed, even if the Viral effect ends. But if the target doesn't have a viral proc initially, the Bleed damage will be 35 per second even if the target takes a Viral proc after the initial damage.
Type Effectiveness[edit | edit source]
|Grineer Health||Viral Modifier||Corpus Health||Viral Modifier||Infested Health||Viral Modifier|
|Ferrite Armor||Shield||Infested Flesh|
|Alloy Armor||Proto Shield||Fossilized|
- The following enemies are immune to Viral status:
- The following enemies are completely immune to Viral:
Viral Sources[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Category:Viral Damage Weapons
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Releases a poisonous miasma that deals Viral damage to enemies in range. Foes afflicted by spores are more susceptible to the mist.
|Strength:110 / 125 / 135 / 150 ( Viral damage)|
|Range:10 / 12 / 16 / 20 m|
|Misc:100% ( Viral status chance)|
4.0x (Spores damage multiplier)
- Saryn pollutes the environment with a viral mist, briefly stunning enemies within 10 / 12 / 16 / 20 meters and sickening them for 6 seconds, dealing 110 / 125 / 135 / 150 Viral damage per second, with 100% Viral status chance on cast.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and does not diminish with distance.
- Sickness duration is affected by Ability Duration, while the stun duration is not.
- Radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Cast animation of ~1.5 seconds is affected by Natural Talent or Speed Drift.
- Saryn is immune to crowd control during the cast animation.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Miasma cannot stun enemies again if they are still being affected by a previous cast, but will refresh the sickness' duration.
- Casting Miasma can be done while sliding and in mid-air, but will interrupt any other action and will force Saryn in place for the entire animation.
- Cannot be used while on a zipline.
- Ability Synergy: Miasma deals 400% damage to enemies affected by Spores, and spored enemies that die while sickened by Miasma will spread spores.
- Use Spores first to start shredding armor (if any), then attack with Toxic Lash to inflict Toxin procs on enemies, and follow up with Miasma to deal quadruple damage and a guaranteed Viral Status Effect proc to half enemies' health, so Toxin damage can eat their health up quicker.
- When using Miasma, be careful to not get knocked down during the cast animation, as once up again, Saryn will automatically repeat the cast animation, during this repeat animation she will take damage as normal, leaving you extremely vulnerable.
- Miasma will not interrupt aim glide. Left/right directional input will be stopped, but the aim glide itself will continue straight as normal.
- Casting Miasma immediately after casting either Spores or Toxic Lash will cause Miasma's casting animation to bug, causing the player to be able to move while casting and rapidly cast Miasma.
- Being knocked down during the casting animation causes Saryn to repeat the animation upon standing up.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The status effect of Viral damage can mitigate the reduction of damage to Infested foes after a proc is applied, making it effective especially in combination with Heat, Electricity, or Gas damage over time effects.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Offense||Critical Hit • Damage • Enemy Body Parts • Multishot • Punch Through|
|Defense||Armor • Damage Reduction • Health • Shield|
|Physical||Impact ( Ballistic) • Puncture ( Plasma) • Slash ( Particle)|
|Elemental||Cold ( Frost) • Electricity ( Ionic) • Heat ( Incendiary) • Toxin ( Chem)|
|Combined||Blast • Corrosive • Gas • Magnetic • Radiation • Viral|
|Unique||Tau • True • Void|
|Effect Only||Impair (PvP only) • Knockdown • Lifted • Ragdoll • Stagger|