Damage is one of the six secondary elemental damage types, composed of and elements. It deals increased damage against Grineer and Corpus bodies, but reduced damage to most light Infested foes, with some heavy units being outright immune.
General[edit | edit source]
The status effect of damage is Virus. It amplifies damage to the health of the afflicted target by 100% for 6 seconds. Subsequent procs add 25% increased damage to health up to 325% in total after 10 stacks, with each proc having their own duration. This effect will work even when the health is protected by armor ("yellow health"). Only the shield is not affected.
For status effects that apply damage over time (e.g. , , , ), the damage dealt by the proc throughout its duration is calculated based on whether or not a proc is active when the DoT tick deals damage. For example, a weapon with 100 damage that applies a proc, if the target has 1 proc, will deal 200 damage, then 70 damage per second from Bleed until the effect ends, when it will go down to 35 per second. If the target does not have a proc initially, the Bleed damage will be 35 per second until the target takes a proc, which will then multiply the DoT accordingly to 70 per second. This means that the multiplier is not applied twice to DoTs, unlike faction damage multipliers.
Railjack[edit | edit source]
does not have a Railjack space counterpart and is thus not able to proc any status effect nor is it included in calculations for status proc weighting.
Type Effectiveness[edit | edit source]
|Grineer Health||Modifier||Corpus Health||Modifier||Infested Health||Modifier|
- The following enemies are immune to status:
- The following enemies are completely immune to :
Viral Sources[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Category:Viral Damage
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Category:Viral Damage Weapons
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Releases a poisonous miasma that deals damage to enemies in range. Foes afflicted by spores are more susceptible to the mist.
|Strength:110 / 125 / 135 / 150 ( damage)|
|Range:10 / 12 / 16 / 20 m|
|Misc:100% ( status chance)|
4.0x (Spores damage multiplier)
- Saryn pollutes the environment with a viral mist, briefly stunning enemies within 10 / 12 / 16 / 20 meters and sickening them for 6 seconds, dealing 110 / 125 / 135 / 150 damage per second, with 100% status chance on cast.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and does not diminish with distance.
- Sickness duration is affected by Ability Duration, while the stun duration is not.
- Radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Cast animation of ~1.5 seconds is affected by or .
- Saryn is immune to crowd control during the cast animation.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Miasma cannot stun enemies again if they are still being affected by a previous cast, but will refresh the sickness' duration.
- Casting Miasma can be done while sliding and in mid-air, but will interrupt any other action and will force Saryn in place for the entire animation.
- Cannot be used while on a zipline.
- Ability Synergy: Miasma deals 400% damage to enemies affected by , and spored enemies that die while sickened by Miasma will spread spores.
- Use first to start shredding armor (if any), then attack with to inflict procs on enemies, and follow up with Miasma to deal quadruple damage and a guaranteed Status Effect proc to half enemies' health, so damage can eat their health up quicker.
- When using , be careful to not get knocked down during the cast animation, as once up again, Saryn will automatically repeat the cast animation, during this repeat animation she will take damage as normal, leaving you extremely vulnerable.
- Miasma will not interrupt aim glide. Left/right directional input will be stopped, but the aim glide itself will continue straight as normal.
- Casting Miasma immediately after casting either Spores or Toxic Lash will cause Miasma's casting animation to bug, causing the player to be able to move while casting and rapidly cast Miasma.
- Being knocked down during the casting animation causes Saryn to repeat the animation upon standing up.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The status effect of Viral damage can mitigate the reduction of damage to Infested foes after a proc is applied, making it effective especially in combination with , , or damage over time effects.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Offense||Attack Speed • Critical Hit • Damage (Positive Type Modifier) • Damage Falloff • Enemy Body Parts • Fire Rate • Multishot • Punch Through • Status Effect|
|Defense||Armor • Damage Reduction • Negative Damage Type Modifier • Health • Invulnerability • Shield|
|Elemental||• • •|
|Combined||• • • • •|
|Effect Only||Impair (PvP only) • Knockdown • Lifted • Ragdoll • Stagger|
|Grineer||• • •|
|Corpus||• • •|
|Infested||• • •|
|Miscellaneous||Hit Points • Object|