True Damage is a hidden, unique damage type which has no damage modifier against any health (including shields) or armor type and ignores the damage reduction from Armor, therefore it will cause the same amount of damage against any enemy. It is primarily available through most melee finishers, but also used by Bleed and a few Warframe abilities.
- True Damage is not innately available on any weapon and can also not be added through mods.
- Does not produce any kind of status effect.
- Is not increased by buffs to physical or elemental damage.
- Due to armor-ignoring properties very useful against high-level Grineer and most Bosses.
- As example, an unmodded Skana against a level 10 Bombard:
- Normal Attack: 35 × = 7.76
- If that damage were dealt as True Damage: 35 = 35
True Damage does not possess any applicable status procs on its own.
|Grineer Health||True Modifier||Corpus Health||True Modifier||Infested Health||True Modifier|
|Ferrite Armor||(Ignored)||Shield||Infested Flesh|
|Alloy Armor||(Ignored)||Proto Shield||Fossilized|
Sources of True DamageEdit
- Stealth Finisher as well as Front- and Back-Finishers
- This is independent of the weapon's original damage spread or mods.
- This includes attacks from Blade Storm.
- If the enemy has armor, the armor value gets reduced and deals True Damage equal to the armor removed.
- Bleed, the status effect of Slash Damage
- Damage from Slash procs also bypasses shields.
- Energy Vampire and Tentacle Swarm
- Damage from these abilities also bypasses shields.
- Devour and Polarize
Abilities dealing True DamageEdit
Project fierce shadow clones of Ash upon groups of distant enemies. Join the fray using Teleport.
|Strength:750 / 1000 / 1500 / 2000 (damage)|
|Misc:3 (max. marks per enemy)|
2 (number of Shadow Clones)
Hold power to trap target in quicksand and draw them in for devouring; this steals health and ultimately creates a friendly Sand Shadow.
|Strength:25 / 50 / 75 / 125 (initial damage)|
50 / 100 / 150 / 250 (max damage)
|Duration:15 / 20 / 25 / 30 s|
|Range:20 / 30 / 40 / 50 m (cast and tether range)|
|Misc:2 s (damage ramp-up)|
5 (damage ticks per second)
≥ 15 s (Sand Shadow duration)
Emit an energy pulse that depletes enemy shields and armor, creating shards which become deadly when mixed with Magnetize. Shields of allies touched by the pulse are restored.
|Strength:250 / 300 / 350 / 400 (damage)|
1x / 1.5x / 2x / 2.5x (damage multiplier)
|Duration:2 / 3 / 4 / 5 s (pulse travel time)|
|Range:5 / 6 / 7 / 8 m (initial and explosion radius)|
|Misc:5.9 m/s (pulse travel speed)|
Tap to spawn watery tentacles from all nearby surfaces to wreak havoc. Charge to increase the number of tentacles and spawn area. Use while in Undertow to have the tentacles emerge from the pool.
|Strength:75 / 150 / 225 / 300 (contact damage)|
50 / 100 / 150 / 200 (capture damage per second)
|Duration:10 / 13 / 18 / 20 s|
|Range:3 / 3 / 5 / 5 m (base radius)|
9 / 9 / 15 / 15 m (charged radius)
|Misc:∞ (cast range)|
4 / 6 / 8 / 10 (tentacles)
8 / 12 / 16 / 20 (charged tentacles)
Allies will gain energy over time when enemies are marked with Energy Vampire.
|Strength:15 / 17 / 20 / 25 (restored energy)|
6.25% (damage percentage)
|Duration:5 / 6 / 7 / 9 s|
|Range:100 m (cast range)|
15 / 17 / 20 / 25 m (pulse radius)
Frost deep freezes any vapor and moisture in the area, creating a protective sphere with brief invulnerability to boost its strength.
|Strength:5x (armor multiplier)|
3000 / 4000 / 4500 / 5000 (base health)
? / ? / ? / 150 (explosion damage)
|Misc:1 / 2 / 3 / 4 s (invulnerability duration)|
40% / 50% / 60% / 67% (slow)
- The term "True Damage" is player-created and not used in the game.
- Previously, the term "Finishing Damage" was used, often leading to confusion with Finisher attacks.
- While not specifically stated anywhere in the game, most Eximus enemies will resist this damage type, causing it to do less damage compared to most enemies. This in turn makes reliance on slash procs to deal heavy damage less reliable.
|Offense||Critical Hit • Damage • Enemy Body Parts • Multishot • Punch Through|
|Defense||Armor • Health • Shield|
|Physical||Impact • Puncture • Slash|
|Elemental||Cold • Electricity • Heat • Toxin|
|Combined||Blast • Corrosive • Gas • Magnetic • Radiation • Viral|
|Unique||Tau • True • Void|