Magnetic Damage is one of the six secondary elemental damage types, composed of Cold and Electricity elements. It is very effective at taking down Corpus Shields, but is heavily mitigated by the Alloy Armor worn by many higher-level Grineer units.
Magnetic damage's status effect is Disrupt, which reduces the target's current shields and maximum shield capacity by 75% for 4 seconds. The damage of the disrupting shot is applied before the Magnetic proc reduces the shield. After the effect expires, the target's current and maximum shields will be restored while damage done during the proc translates directly onto the current shields.
Affected Tenno suffer additional effects: their HUDs will be disrupted, and lose 250 Energy over the 4 second duration, or 50 Energy per tick (the initial starting tick also drains energy). Magnetic procs will show blue rings matching the shape of the affected target moving from top to bottom.
|Grineer Health||Magnetic Modifier||Corpus Health||Magnetic Modifier||Infested Health||Magnetic Modifier|
|Ferrite Armor||Shield||+75%||Infested Flesh|
|Alloy Armor||–50%||Proto Shield||+75%||Fossilized|
Tap to spawn watery tentacles from all nearby surfaces to wreak havoc. Charge to increase the number of tentacles and spawn area. Use while in Undertow to have the tentacles emerge from the pool.
|Strength:75 / 150 / 225 / 300 (contact damage)|
50 / 100 / 150 / 200 (capture damage per second)
|Duration:10 / 13 / 18 / 20 s|
|Range:3 / 3 / 5 / 5 m (base radius)|
9 / 9 / 15 / 15 m (charged radius)
|Misc:∞ (cast range)|
4 / 6 / 8 / 10 (tentacles)
8 / 12 / 16 / 20 (charged tentacles)
Erupt with a multitude of Eidolon energy beams and sweep a circle of death around Revenant. The beams will modify their Damage Type to target select defenses, while incoming damage is redirected back into the beams. Hold fire to boost Status Effects and Damage, at the cost of increased energy consumption. Thralls killed by this leave overshield pickups.
|Strength:500 / 750 / 1,000 / 1,250 (damage / s)|
1,000 / 1,500 / 2,000 / 2,500 (boosted damage / s)
|Range:0.03 / 0.05 / 0.08 / 0.1 m (beam radius)|
0.05 / 0.1 / 0.15 / 0.2 m (boosted beam radius)
|Misc:9 (number of beams)|
100 m (sweep area)
1 rev/sec (rotation speed)
20% (status chance)
40% (boosted status chance)
50 (overshield points per pickup)
Only on shielded enemies.
Magnetic force pulls enemies toward you, stunning them and bringing them into melee range.
|Strength:100 / 125 / 150 / 300 (damage)|
10% / 15% / 20% / 25% (energy drop chance)
|Range:15 / 20 / 22 / 25 m|
Emit an energy pulse that depletes enemy shields and armor, creating shards which become deadly when mixed with Magnetize. Shields of allies touched by the pulse are restored.
|Strength:250 / 300 / 350 / 400 (damage)|
1x / 1.5x / 2x / 2.5x (damage multiplier)
|Duration:2 / 3 / 4 / 5 s (pulse travel time)|
|Range:5 / 6 / 7 / 8 m (initial and explosion radius)|
|Misc:5.9 m/s (pulse travel speed)|
Cycle through four deployable trap mines: Bounce, Trip Laser, Shred and Concuss.
Creates a whirling mass of energy that violently attracts nearby enemies, crushing their atoms into a tiny spec of matter.
15 (contact damage)
|Duration:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 s|
|Misc:2x (initial damage multiplier)|
- Vauban releases a device that creates a powerful attractive force, lasting 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 seconds. On touching an enemy, the device will deal 15 Blast damage. Every enemy within 6 meters of the device will be violently drawn to it and dealt 50 Magnetic damage per second (across 4 damage ticks per second). When the device activates, the initial damage tick is multiplied by 200%.
- Damage per second and contact damage are affected by Ability Strength, and the contact damage can be increased by body-part multipliers.
- Initial damage multiplier is not affected by Ability Strength.
- Each tick of damage has a moderate status chance. Enemies affected by the status effect will have their shields reduced by 75% for 4 seconds.
- Enemies are ragdolled as they're pulled in, and the damage decreases with distance.
- Some enemies will simply be knocked down repeatedly, as they will get up while in vortex only to be knocked down again. In rare cases, enemies can use abilities or fire their weapon in the brief moment they are getting up.
- While the initial damage tick is multiplied by 200%, this damage tick does not take benefit from Vauban's passive if used solely.
- Vortex will not take priority over Bastille; Enemies currently held up in Bastille's field will be pulled towards the vortex, but will not leave Bastille or be ragdolled.
- Blast damage is effective against Machinery and Fossilized, but less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- Blast status effect forces all enemies within a 5 meter radius to stumble and fall.
- Magnetic damage is effective against Shielded and Proto Shields, but less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Magnetic status effect reduces a target's current and maximum shields by 75% for 4 seconds.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Attraction radius is affected by Ability Range.
- The relationship between attraction radius and Ability Range is nonlinear.
- Vortex uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Range:
Modified Range = Base Range × Ability Range 0.5
- The device will deploy on the first surface it makes contact with and will hover approximately one meter perpendicular to the surface.
- Vortex will not affect most Bosses.
- Corpses will be attracted, leaving only the loot that was drawn into the nexus.
- Enemies that remain within Vortex's nexus for an extended period of time may implode, yielding no loot or affinity.
- Can be used while performing many actions without interrupting them, including reloading.
- Can be cast multiple times while active.
- Main article: Perpetual Vortex
- Can be used to collect resource and ammo drops to where the Vortex is placed.
- Vortex appears from a ball that Vauban throws. You can aim at where he throws it at.
- Many enemies sucked into the center of the Vortex are considered to be in a prone position if attacked in melee, resulting in a ground finisher. Multiple enemies can be hit or killed by a single ground finisher to the center of the Vortex.
- Due to enemies often being very close to each other, Electric procs are very effective, as they will create large chains of damage. In some cases, Teslas can be thrown down to allow procs that kill enemies quicker than either power on it's own.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 36.72 seconds.
- Reduces radius to 3.5.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 4.8 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases radius to 10.04.
- Reduces initial damage multiplier to 80% and contact damage to 6.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases initial damage multiplier to 824% and contact damage to 61.8.
- Initial activation will tug players for a fraction of a second, and players near vortex's AoE will have a decrease in slide attack boost speed.
- Sometimes pulls players in for the full duration.
- Jump kicking into Vortex will cause the player to rise exponentially.
- If cast near downed allies can interfere with the bleedout timer. Trying to revive them can interrupt the revival and freeze the timer/percentage leaving the downed player stuck at 0% but no timer. Trying to revive the player while Vortex is active will simply keep interrupting the animation.
- Ability Strength may affect the value of each damage tick. However, the rate at which ticks occur will adjust accordingly in order to maintain Vortex's damage per second. (Probably because of low fps)
Sources of Magnetic ResistancesEdit
|Offense||Critical Hit • Damage • Enemy Body Parts • Multishot • Punch Through|
|Defense||Armor • Health • Shield|
|Physical||Impact • Puncture • Slash|
|Elemental||Cold • Electricity • Heat • Toxin|
|Combined||Blast • Corrosive • Gas • Magnetic • Radiation • Viral|
|Unique||Tau • True • Void|