Gas Damage is one of the six secondary elemental damage types, composed of Heat and Toxin elements. It is particularly effective against light Infested types, but deals lower damage to Corpus and Grineer bodies.
General[edit | edit source]
The status effect of Gas damage is Gas Cloud. It produces a gas cloud that deals a tick of damage each second to all enemies within a 3-meter radius; subsequent procs increase the radius by 0.3 meters up to 6 meters in total after 10 stacks. The cloud has a 6 second duration. Each tick deals Gas damage equal to 0.5 × × (1 + Faction Damage bonus). As can be seen from the formula, tick damage does not scale with any Elemental mods. Multiple instances of the effect can stack on the same target, with each instance having its own timer.
- Modded Damage = 100 × (1 + 1.65) × (1 + 0.3) = 344.5
- Tick Damage = 0.5 × 344.5 × (1 + 0.3) = 223.925
As can be seen in the above calculations for tick damage, Faction Damage is applied twice, making their effective bonus = (1 + Faction Damage bonus)2. Which is +69% for the 30% Faction Damage mods and +140.25% for the 55% Primed Faction Damage mods.
Type Effectiveness[edit | edit source]
|Grineer Health||Gas Modifier||Corpus Health||Gas Modifier||Infested Health||Gas Modifier|
|Ferrite Armor||Shield||Infested Flesh||+50%|
|Alloy Armor||Proto Shield||Fossilized|
Gas Sources[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Erupt with a multitude of Eidolon energy beams and sweep a circle of death around Revenant. The beams will modify their Damage Type to target select defenses, while incoming damage is redirected back into the beams. Hold fire to boost Status Effects and Damage, at the cost of increased energy consumption. Thralls killed by this leave overshield pickups.
|Range:0.03 / 0.05 / 0.08 / 0.1 m (beam radius)|
0.05 / 0.1 / 0.15 / 0.2 m (boosted beam radius)
|Misc:9 (number of beams)|
100 m (sweep area)
1 rev/sec (rotation speed)
20% (status chance)
40% (boosted status chance)
50 (overshield points per pickup)
- Revenant unleashes the might of the Eidolon essence emanating from his left arm, dispersing the Sentient energy into 9 energy beams as he levitates and spins counterclockwise. Energy beams oscillate in angle vertically as Revenant rotates, rapidly sweeping across a 100 meter radius area with rotation speed 1 rev/sec in a pentagonal shape. Each energy beam has a thickness of 0.03 / 0.05 / 0.08 / 0.1 meter radius and continuously inflicts 500 / 750 / 1,000 / 1,250 damage per second with a 20% status chance to all enemies caught in its path.
- Damage per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Beam radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Casting speed is affected by Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- Rotation speed is unaffected by mods.
- Number of energy beams and sweep area are not affected by mods.
- Energy beams possess innate Punch Through, allowing them to bypass terrain and obstacles in the environment.
- Energy beams cannot hit enemies standing above Revenant's left arm due to the oscillation pattern.
- While active, all damage received by Revenant is stored into a total damage pool, then gradually transferred to each energy beam as additional damage per second.
- Damage stored is tracked by the buff icon beside the shield and health bars.
- Revenant is able to move with reduced movement speed while channeling Danse Macabre. Speed the same as Revenant's running speed (without sprint) and affected only by Hobbled Dragon Key.
- Holding the fire button (default
) increases the beams' damage per second to 1,000 / 1,500 / 2,000 / 2,500, status chance to 40%, and beam radius to 0.05 / 0.1 / 0.15 / 0.2 meters, while also increasing energy drain to 40 energy per second.
- Boosted damage per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Boosted beam radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Boosted energy drain is affected by both Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Energy beams autonomously adapt their damage type to the attributes of the enemies they hit: Corrosive against armored enemies, Magnetic against shielded enemies, and Gas against enemies with infested flesh.
- Corrosive status effect reduces a target's current armor by 26%, with further procs removing 6% for up to 80%. Each proc has a duration and will end on its own.
- Magnetic will deal 100% bonus damage to shields, dealing 25% more with every consecutive proc for up to 325% extra damage. It will also stop natural shield regeneration from shielded enemies.
- Gas status effect will proc a gas damage over time effect to the target, which increases in size and damage with consecutive procs while damaging nearby enemies.
- Danse Macabre consumes 20 energy per second while active and will remain active until Revenant's energy is depleted, or the ability is deactivated by pressing the ability key again.
- Activation energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency, and the energy drain is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Revenant cannot replenish energy using Energy Vampire, Rift Plane's innate energy regeneration, Squad Energy Restores, Energy Siphon, or Energizing Dash while Danse Macabre is active.
- Danse Macabre's energy drain is not converted into shields by Augur Mods.
- Energy can be replenished by Energy Orbs, Arcane Energize, Orokin Void Death Orb energy restores, Rage, and/or Hunter Adrenaline while the ability is active.
- Ability Synergy:
- Enthralled enemies killed by this ability drop a unique pickup that grants 50 Overshields when collected by Revenant or his allies.
- Energy pillars explode to inflict damage radially when struck by Danse Macabre lasers.
- Damage reflected by Mesmer Skin also accumulates into Danse Macabre's energy beam damage pool.
- Reave has 50% reduced energy cost and can be cancelled at any time during Danse Macabre. Casting speed becomes instantaneous and allows limited steering with the movement keys during the dash.
- Revenant cannot cast Enthrall or Mesmer Skin, perform parkour Maneuvers or general interactions while channeling this ability.
- Revenant is immune to knockdown while channeling this ability.
- Casting Danse Macabre is a full body animation that interrupts grounded movement and other actions.
- Revenant visually extends his left arm outward and his right arm upward, as he hovers and rotates in place. Energy beams are generated and spread throughout his left arm, while droplets and gaseous energy particles emit from both hands. When the fire button is held, a surge of Sentient energy resembling Enthrall's energy pillars continuously erupt skyward from beneath Revenant's feet.
- Energy beams, energy particles, and energy surge color tinting are affected by Revenant's chosen Warframe energy color.
- Getting near any edge eligible for automatic edge grabs with the ability active will lock the player out of using Reave and disabling Danse Macabre, making the depletion of all energy the only way to disable channeling.
- Upon energy depletion, the player will be relocated near the edge that caused the bug to initiate the queued animation.
- Increasing beam damage, and subsequently energy cost, still works.
- Only on enemies with infested flesh.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gas damage, with its brown color and its extra lethality to most Infested, is likely a reference or callback to Enferon, a gas that is described as far more dangerous to Infested creatures than uninfected humans in Digital Extremes' earlier title, Dark Sector.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Offense||Critical Hit • Damage • Enemy Body Parts • Multishot • Punch Through|
|Defense||Armor • Damage Reduction • Health • Shield|
|Physical||Impact ( Ballistic) • Puncture ( Plasma) • Slash ( Particle)|
|Elemental||Cold ( Frost) • Electricity ( Ionic) • Heat ( Incendiary) • Toxin ( Chem)|
|Combined||Blast • Corrosive • Gas • Magnetic • Radiation • Viral|
|Unique||Tau • True • Void|
|Effect Only||Impair (PvP only) • Knockdown • Lifted • Ragdoll • Stagger|