Cold Damage is one of the four primary elemental damage types. It performs well against the standard Shields used by most Corpus units as well as the Alloy Armor worn by many high-level Grineer units, but is not very effective against most of the Infested.
Cold damage's status effect is Freeze, reducing the target's movement speed and fire/attack rate by 50% over 5 seconds. For Warframe abilities, the proc duration can be decreased (but not increased) if Ability Duration is lower than 100%.
When targets are killed while under the effects of a Cold proc they will turn into ice statues which can be shattered or left to melt. The frozen enemy will be dismembered into multiple body parts, regardless whether or not they are shattered, which is considerably valuable for a Nekros using Desecrate as each part can spawn a Health Orb and some loot.
|Grineer Health||Cold Modifier||Corpus Health||Cold Modifier||Infested Health||Cold Modifier|
|Ferrite Armor||Shield||+50%||Infested Flesh||–50%|
|Alloy Armor||+25%||Proto Shield||Fossilized||–25%|
As with all damage types effective against armor, Cold damage's type modifier works in two ways: it ignores a percentage of the target's armor, and increases the damage dealt in the same way as a type modifier against hitpoints. Practically speaking, this means that Cold damage is only reduced by 75% of the target's whole Alloy Armor and the base damage is increased by +25%.
Cold damage mods can be combined with other elemental mods to create a new elemental damage type.
Exhale a deep breath of elemental destruction. Chroma's energy color determines the element.
Energy Drain: 3 s-1
|Strength:100 / 125 / 150 / 200 (damage)|
|Range:4 / 5 / 6.5 / 10 m|
|Misc:40% / 45% / 50% / 60% (status chance)|
Depending on Chroma's elemental alignment, an offensive area-of-effect is created. Chroma and his nearby allies are imbued with defensive energy.
Chroma turns his pelt into a massive sentry that strengthens nearby allies and engulfs enemies in elemental attacks.
Energy Drain: 10 s-1
|Strength:100 / 200 / 300 / 400 (damage/tick)|
500 / 1000 / 1500 / 2000 (damage/second)
1000 / 2000 / 4000 / 8000 (health)
|Misc:20 m (attack range)|
30 m (stun radius)
5 m (knockback radius)
15% / 30% / 45% / 60% (credit chance)
25% / 50% / 75% / 100% (credit bonus)
20% (speed bonus)
50% (armor reduction)
A frigid energy blast that freezes targets in their tracks.
|Strength:150 / 225 / 275 / 350 (initial damage)|
50 / 100 / 125 / 150 (area damage)
|Duration:5 / 7 / 12 / 15 s (freeze duration)|
6 / 8 / 10 / 12 s (ice duration)
Sends a wave of razor sharp, crystallized ice toward an enemy, dealing heavy damage.
|Strength:300 / 445 / 565 / 700|
|Range:30 / 35 / 40 / 45° (angle)|
1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 m (initial width)
10 / 12 / 17 / 20 m (length)
Summons a treacherous landslide of ice that instantly freezes and shatters all enemies in its radius.
|Strength:25 / 30 / 35 / 40% (armor reduction)|
800 / 1000 / 1200 / 1500 (initial damage)
100 / 200 / 300 / 400 (explosion damage)
|Duration:5 / 6 / 7 / 8 s|
|Range:8 / 10 / 12 / 15 m (freeze radius)|
3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 m (explosion radius)
Siphon Kinetic energy from the area, charging the battery and inflicting Cold Status on nearby enemies. Hold reverses the process, draining the battery and inflicting Heat Status on nearby enemies.
|Strength:75 - 375 / 100 - 500 / 125 - 625 / 150 - 750 ( Cold damage)|
150 - 750 / 200 - 1000 / 250 - 1250 / 300 - 1500 Heat damage)
|Duration:6 / 9 / 12 / 15 s (area duration)|
2.5 - 5 / 3 - 6 / 3.5 - 7 / 4 - 8 s (status duration)
|Range:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 m (initial radius)|
3 / 4 / 5 / 6 m (final radius)
|Misc:10% (battery charge on tap)|
10% (battery drain on hold)
100% ( Heat ignite damage bonus)
100% ( Cold freeze chance and Heat ignite chance from Redline)
≤100% ( Blast enemy armor reduction from Redline)
- Gauss manipulates the kinetic energy around him to create an area of extreme temperatures with an initial radius of 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters, which quickly shrinks to a final radius of 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 meters and lasts for 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 seconds.
- Tap the ability key (default Cold proc on all enemies within range, lasting for a minimum duration of 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 seconds on empty battery, up to a maximum duration of 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds on full battery. Enemies caught in the area creation receive a minimum of 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 Cold damage on empty battery, up to a maximum of 375 / 500 / 625 / 750 Cold damage on full battery; enemies lingering inside the area also receive damage per second, which diminishes in amount with the size of the area. When cast on enemies already affected by Cold proc, they are instantly frozen solid for the full status duration. ) to absorb kinetic energy, charging battery power by 10% to inflict a
- Hold down the ability key to expend kinetic energy, draining battery power by 10% to inflict a Heat and proc on all enemies in range, lasting for a minimum duration of 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 seconds on empty battery, up to a maximum duration of 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds on full battery. Enemies caught in the area creation receive a minimum of 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 Heat damage on empty battery, up to a maximum of 750 / 1000 / 1250 / 1500 Heat damage on full battery; enemies lingering inside the area also receive damage per second, which diminishes in amount with the size of the area. When cast on enemies already affected by Heat proc, they are set ablaze by scorching flames, taking 100% extra damage over time, which can be stacked multiplicatively by recasting.
- Initial and final radii are affected by Ability Range.
- Area duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Initial damage and damage per second are affected by both Ability Strength and battery power level.
- Damage per second has a moderate chance to stagger light enemy units within the area.
- Status duration is affected by both Ability Duration and battery power level.
- Battery charge on cast, battery drain on cast, and ignite damage bonus are not affected by Mods.
- Enemies already afflicted with a status effect of the same type will have it reapplied; its status duration uses the battery power level at the time of the new Thermal Sunder cast.
- Casting Thermal Sunder of the opposite damage type on enemies already afflicted with Cold or Heat procs, combines the damage type into Blast. Affected enemies first have the initial status effect removed, receive the new status effect, then also receive a Blast proc and deals damage based on the mode being used plus the damage of the cancelled status.
- Blast damage is affected by both Ability Strength and battery power level.
- The order in which the elemental procs are combined changes the direction in which enemies within the ability area are knocked back by the Blast proc. Casting Cold first then Heat will knock enemies outwards, while casting Heat first then Cold will pull enemies in towards the player.
- When casting both elements, the elemental proc cast second will override and replace the first element already present, e.g. if enemies were affected by the Cold area first, casting Heat proc on them will remove the Cold proc and replace it with Heat.
- Ability Synergy:
- Mach Rush through a Thermal Sunder area to add its Cold or Heat damage to Mach Rush's knockdown and shockwave explosion.
- Thermal Sunder gains bonuses to its status effects when Redline is active and above the redline battery charge (>80%):
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it. To view an individual ability's interactive maximization, visit the ability's main page.Call missing from Template:Maximization
Sources of Cold ResistancesEdit
- While all other elemental mods utilize the polarity, cold damage mods that aren't associated with secondary effects (like added status chance) use the polarity, which is tied to defensive mods.
|Offense||Critical Hit • Damage • Enemy Body Parts • Multishot • Punch Through|
|Defense||Armor • Health • Shield|
|Physical||Impact • Puncture • Slash|
|Elemental||Cold • Electricity • Heat • Toxin|
|Combined||Blast • Corrosive • Gas • Magnetic • Radiation • Viral|
|Unique||Tau • True • Void|