Blast Damage is one of the six secondary elemental damage types, composed of Cold and Heat elements. The violent force of this damage is highly destructive to Grineer Machinery and brittle Fossilized Infested creatures, but performs poorly against the Ferrite Armor worn by many Grineer units.
Blast damage's status effect is an explosive Knockdown (as opposed to Impact's knockback), forcing all enemies within a 5-meter radius to stumble and fall, however Ospreys, Bosses and Tenno are immune to this. This effect can be applied against victims attempting to stand back up, causing them to flip in their recovery.
|Grineer Health||Blast Modifier||Corpus Health||Blast Modifier||Infested Health||Blast Modifier|
|Ferrite Armor||–25%||Shield||Infested Flesh|
|Alloy Armor||Proto Shield||Fossilized||+50%|
Channeling all of her acoustic energy into the environment, Banshee uses ultrasonic reverberations to violently shake the ground.
Energy Drain: 25 / 18 / 15 / 12 s-1
|Strength:125 / 150 / 175 / 200|
|Range:12 / 15 / 18 / 20 m|
Creates a magnetic field around a target, ensnaring nearby enemies and dealing damage over time. The field reacts to bullets and shards created from Polarize to increase the damage.
|Strength:1.25x / 1.5x / 1.75x / 2x (multiplier)|
50 / 150 / 200 / 300 (explosion damage)
|Duration:10 / 12 / 13 /15 s|
|Range:2 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 m (field radius)|
5 / 10 / 12 / 15 m (explosion radius)
|Misc:10% / 15% / 20% / 25% (absorption)|
Primes all enemies in a radius with anti-matter.
150 / 300 / 500 / 800 (explosion damage)
10% / 20% / 25% / 30% (slow)
2 / 3 / 4 / 6 s (wave duration)
5 m/s (wave speed)
10 / 15 / 20 / 30 s (prime duration)
6 / 7 / 8 / 10 m (explosion radius)
|Misc:2x (damage multiplier)|
15 / 20 / 25 / 35 m (default wave radius)
Rhino stomps with force sufficient to disrupt time, tumbling enemies around him in stasis.
|Strength:150 / 300 / 500 / 800 (damage)|
|Duration:3 / 4 / 5 / 8 s|
|Range:15 / 18 / 22 / 25 m|
|Misc:80% / 90% / 95% / 97.5% (slow)|
The Blast damage comes from projectile used to launch these abilities, not the abilities' main effects:
Launches a grenade that holds an electrical charge, zapping enemies that come within range.
|Strength:80 / 100 / 120 / 150 (arc damage)|
15 (contact damage)
|Duration:5 / 6 / 7 / 10 (charges)|
|Range:7 / 8 / 10 / 12 m|
|Misc:40 s (duration) 10% (uncharged status) 100% (charged status)|
Cycle through four deployable trap mines: Bounce, Trip Laser, Shred and Concuss.
Creates an energy-based containment field in which captives are held suspended in stasis.
|Strength:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 (affected enemies)|
15 (contact damage)
|Duration:8 / 10 / 12 / 15 s|
|Range:5 / 7 / 8 / 10 m|
Creates a whirling mass of energy that violently attracts nearby enemies, crushing their atoms into a tiny spec of matter.
15 (contact damage)
|Duration:6 / 8 / 10 / 12 s|
|Misc:2x (initial damage multiplier)|
- Vauban releases a device that creates a powerful attractive force, lasting 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 seconds. On touching an enemy, the device will deal 15 Blast damage. Every enemy within 6 meters of the device will be violently drawn to it and dealt 50 Magnetic damage per second (across 4 damage ticks per second). When the device activates, the initial damage tick is multiplied by 200%.
- Damage per second and contact damage are affected by Ability Strength, and the contact damage can be increased by body-part multipliers.
- Initial damage multiplier is not affected by Ability Strength.
- Each tick of damage has a moderate status chance. Enemies affected by the status effect will have their shields reduced by 75% for 4 seconds.
- Enemies are ragdolled as they're pulled in, and the damage decreases with distance.
- Some enemies will simply be knocked down repeatedly, as they will get up while in vortex only to be knocked down again. In rare cases, enemies can use abilities or fire their weapon in the brief moment they are getting up.
- While the initial damage tick is multiplied by 200%, this damage tick does not take benefit from Vauban's passive if used solely.
- Vortex will not take priority over Bastille; Enemies currently held up in Bastille's field will be pulled towards the vortex, but will not leave Bastille or be ragdolled.
- Blast damage is effective against Machinery and Fossilized, but less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- Blast status effect forces all enemies within a 5 meter radius to stumble and fall.
- Magnetic damage is effective against Shielded and Proto Shields, but less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Magnetic status effect reduces a target's current and maximum shields by 75% for 4 seconds.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Attraction radius is affected by Ability Range.
- The relationship between attraction radius and Ability Range is nonlinear.
- Vortex uses the following expression when accounting for Ability Range:
Modified Range = Base Range × Ability Range 0.5
- The device will deploy on the first surface it makes contact with and will hover approximately one meter perpendicular to the surface.
- Vortex will not affect most Bosses.
- Corpses will be attracted, leaving only the loot that was drawn into the nexus.
- Enemies that remain within Vortex's nexus for an extended period of time may implode, yielding no loot or affinity.
- Can be used while performing many actions without interrupting them, including reloading.
- Can be cast multiple times while active.
- Main article: Perpetual Vortex
- Can be used to collect resource and ammo drops to where the Vortex is placed.
- Vortex appears from a ball that Vauban throws. You can aim at where he throws it at.
- Many enemies sucked into the center of the Vortex are considered to be in a prone position if attacked in melee, resulting in a ground finisher. Multiple enemies can be hit or killed by a single ground finisher to the center of the Vortex.
- Due to enemies often being very close to each other, Electric procs are very effective, as they will create large chains of damage. In some cases, Teslas can be thrown down to allow procs that kill enemies quicker than either power on it's own.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration increases duration to 36.72 seconds.
- Reduces radius to 3.5.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 25 energy.
- Reduces duration to 4.8 seconds.
- Maximized Ability Range increases radius to 10.04.
- Reduces initial damage multiplier to 80% and contact damage to 6.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases initial damage multiplier to 824% and contact damage to 61.8.
- Initial activation will tug players for a fraction of a second, and players near vortex's AoE will have a decrease in slide attack boost speed.
- Sometimes pulls players in for the full duration.
- Jump kicking into Vortex will cause the player to rise exponentially.
- If cast near downed allies can interfere with the bleedout timer. Trying to revive them can interrupt the revival and freeze the timer/percentage leaving the downed player stuck at 0% but no timer. Trying to revive the player while Vortex is active will simply keep interrupting the animation.
- Ability Strength may affect the value of each damage tick. However, the rate at which ticks occur will adjust accordingly in order to maintain Vortex's damage per second. (Probably because of low fps)
- Having Blast damage on a melee weapon with high status chance will allow the player to consistently perform Ground Finishers on knocked down enemies.
- The Blast property of the mixture of Cold and Heat is likely a reference to the thermite ice bomb; where thermite can burn so hot that it will melt the ice, boil the water, and ultimately decompose the vapor into hydrogen and oxygen. This in turn fuels the fire and cues the explosive property.
- It could also be thermal shock, a fracturing that happens when cold items are rapidly heated or hot things are rapidly cooled. On the molecular level, solid objects expand when heated and contract when cooled, and if subject to a huge temperature change in a short period of time, many materials break down from the energetic motion. This phenomenon commonly occurs (violently) when rinsing a hot glass in a cold sink.
|Offense||Critical Hit • Damage • Enemy Body Parts • Multishot • Punch Through|
|Defense||Armor • Health • Shield|
|Physical||Impact • Puncture • Slash|
|Elemental||Cold • Electricity • Heat • Toxin|
|Combined||Blast • Corrosive • Gas • Magnetic • Radiation • Viral|
|Unique||Tau • True • Void|