The Cyanex is an Amalgam autopistol produced by the Corpus that incorporates Sentient technology in its design. It fires bouncing homing projectiles that deal damage, complemented by its high status chance. Its Alternate Fire consumes the remainder of the magazine as a single automatic burst with deadly accuracy and low recoil, but without damage and the homing and bouncing properties.
This weapon deals primarily on its Primary Fire, and damage on its Alternate Fire.
- Primary Fire launches homing projectiles.
- High damage – effective against shields.
- Innate damage – effective against Infested and Infested Flesh.
- Homes in on enemies within 15°.
- Projectiles ricochet once and can bounce off of enemies.
- This allows one to fire at a wall and kill an enemy behind cover, or kill two enemies with one shot, supplemented by its homing ability.
- Projectiles explode in 0.7 meter radius on impact with a surface or enemy.
- Alternate Fire unleashes all remaining rounds in the magazine as a single full-automatic burst with increased fire rate.
- Very high status chance.
- 's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- Primary Fire:
- No or damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Innate damage – less effective against Flesh and Cloned Flesh.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 80% from central impact.
- Extremely low accuracy, although mitigated by its homing capabilities.
- Homing ability of projectiles is hampered by a wide arc, and can often ignore close-range enemies unless aimed point-blank.
- Low magazine size for its fire rate; requires frequent reloading.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Very low critical chance.
- Second lowest critical multiplier of all secondaries, after uncharged .
- Fairly slow reload speed.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- If punch through is equipped on the weapon, the Primary Fire projectile loses its homing capabilities after punching through an enemy.
- The Alternate Fire of the Cyanex will eject all of the remaining ammunition in the magazine in a single burst
- If buffed with unlimited ammo such as from the Reactant Buff, the weapon will only fire its magazine amount at a time, with small delays between each trigger pull.
- The component of the Primary Fire's base damage is not considered for the proc damage calculations.
- Due to the pistol's tendency to run out of ammo very frequently it may be wise to use mods that increase reloading speed, such as and .
- Equipping a Riven mod with a negative Projectile Speed stat greatly improves the gun's tracking capabilities.
- While the damage is fairly low per hit, the Cyanex is ideal for a built melee weapon, and most especially the as it can suspend an enemy and deal radial damage, which is boosted by the Cyanex's projectiles bouncing between all enemies. While it does not have the benefits of opening enemies up for stealth damage like the the Cyanex can effectively apply status to much larger groups and in a shorter period, and thus apply more status procs to a group.
- The weapon's name is very likely derived from Cyanide, a highly toxic chemical compound.
- The Cyanex and are the only two Energy Lab Research weapons with a 12 hour build time.
- The codex description for the Amalgam Machinist, an enemy that uses this weapon, refers to the Cyanex as a "plasma assault rifle" despite being a pistol.
Last updated: Update 25.0 (2019-05-22)
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|