The Cyanex is an Amalgam autopistol produced by the Corpus that incorporates Sentient technology in its design. It fires bouncing homing projectiles that deal Gas damage, complemented by its high status chance allowing it to spread Toxin damage with its procs. Its Alternate Fire consumes the remainder of the magazine as a single automatic burst with deadly accuracy and low recoil, but without Gas damage and the homing and bouncing properties. It can be researched from the Energy Lab in the dojo.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:N/A|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- Primary Fire launches homing projectiles.
- Alternate Fire unleashes all remaining rounds in the magazine as a single full-automatic burst with increased fire rate.
- Very high status chance.
- Magnum Force's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- Primary Fire:
- No Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Innate Gas damage – less effective against Flesh and Cloned Flesh. Furthermore, Toxic Ancient's aura provides 80% damage reduction to Gas and 100% to Toxin.
- Extremely low accuracy, although mititgated by its homing capabilties.
- Low magazine size for its fire rate; requires frequent reloading.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Very low critical chance.
- Lowest critical multiplier of all secondary weapons in the game.
- Fairly slow reload speed.
- If Punch Through is equipped on the weapon, the Primary Fire projectile loses its homing capabilities after punching through an enemy.
- The Alternate Fire of the Cyanex will eject all of the remaining ammunition in the magazine in a single burst
- If buffed with unlimited ammo such as from the Reactant Buff, the weapon will only fire its magazine amount at a time, with small delays between each trigger pull.
- The Impact component of the Primary Fire's base damage is not considered for the Gas proc damage calculations.
- Due to the pistol's tendency to run out of ammo very frequently it may be wise to use mods that increase reloading speed, such as Quickdraw and Stunning Speed.
- Equipping a Riven mod with a negative Projectile Speed stat greatly improves the gun's tracking capabilities.
- Equipping Toxin mods, such as Pathogen Rounds or Pistol Pestilence will greatly increase the Gas status proc damage, even if other elements are added to form Corrosive or Viral.
- The weapon's name is very likely derived from Cyanide, a highly toxic chemical compound.
- The Cyanex and Komorex are the only two Energy Lab Research weapons with a 12 hour build time.
Last updated: Update 25.0
- Komorex, the primary counterpart to this weapon.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|