Cubic Diodes are an uncommon component that can be found on Europa, on any Corpus Ice Planet node, and only dropped by Eximus units. They can also be found in Empyrean missions as a possible loot drop. They are used in constructing, upgrading, and maintaining the Railjack.
Blueprints Requiring Cubic Diodes
- Joining a Railjack squad for Empyrean missions is a way to gain large amounts of ship materials, including Cubic Diodes. How to join a squad for Empyrean missions? Press Start and on top right corner, it says "Select a mission to join a crew" and select your mission.
- Kuva Lich and Arbitrations missions can spawn Eximus units more often as a result of their higher level, allowing for easier farming.
- Any Endless mission types on Europa is a great source for Eximus units, the longer you stay the more Eximus units will spawn.
- Nereid, Neptune is a Spy mission with the Corpus Ice Planet tileset. Eximus units often spawn if a player triggers the alarms in a vault.
- Syndicate Death squads spawned on the Corpus Ice Planet tileset can drop Cubic Diodes because they all spawn as Eximus units.
- Cubic Diodes can be found on Neptune too on Nereid and Neso nodes which have the Corpus Ice Planet tileset.
- Marduk is a Sabotage mission in the Void has a Corpus Ice Planet tileset when fighting the Lynx. Players may also get Cubic Diodes if Eximus units spawn in this tileset or in the Orokin Tower tileset during that mission.
- When running a Railjack mission to farm Cubic Diodes, it is important to note that all Cubic Diodes, Carbides , Pustrels and Copernics are stored in the Railjack's forge in order to manufacture consumable items (such as Revolite). The Forge holds a default of 200 of each resource, after which additional gathering is automatically distributed to the squad. When you want to distribute the Forge resources to the squad you press "Refine" from one of the Forge stations while still in mission. You should only do this right before returning to dry dock, as you might still need them to craft things like Revolite, Flux Energy, Munitions and Dome Charges if continuing directly to another mission! This feature was designed to streamline item crafting in Railjack missions.
- This item was first previewed in Devstream 133, November 2019.
- Clan Tier does not affect the research cost of the Railjack Fuselage repairs.