The Cronus is one of the first weapons players can craft (along with the Heat Sword), and is wielded by Captain Vor. Compared to the Skana players can start with, the Cronus has a higher attack speed, making it a reasonable upgrade for sword wielders early in the game.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Crimson Dervish, Swooping Falcon and Vengeful Revenant stances.
- Has a polarity.
- Relatively low Puncture damage and low Impact damage – less effective against armor and shields.
- Very low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier and status chance.
- See Category:Cronus Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Cronus Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
AcquisitionCronus' main blueprint can be obtained from defeating Captain Vor on Tolstoj, Mercury.
|Main Blueprint||5%||20 kills||135 ± 45 kills|
Expected refers to total number of runs a player can expect to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of runs a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained visit here.
- As with most weapon components and blueprints dropped by certain enemies, the Cronus's blueprint drops as a pink orb when Vor is defeated.
- The high slash damage is effective against Infested.
- Cronus (alternatively Cronos or Kronos) is the youngest of the twelve titans in Greek mythology and father of Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon.
- Since Update 7.8, the Cronus Blueprint will only be a guaranteed reward the first time Tolstoj is completed and its drop chance exponentially decreases with each repetition. This was put in place to prevent credit farming.
- The Cronus was the original melee weapon of the Stalker before update Update 7.11.
- Dakra Prime, the possible Prime variant of this weapon
- Ceramic Dagger, the dagger variant.
- Captain Vor, the boss who uses the Cronus.
- Seer, another weapon wielded and dropped by Vor.