“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Corpus Crewships are troop transport ships found in Railjack missions. Like Grineer Gokstad Crewships, they can only be destroyed by the Railjack's Forward Artillery or internal reactor sabotage. In addition, they can fire up to four Corpus Ramsleds in an effort to board the player's Railjack.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
Corpus Crewships are equipped with shielding that prevent the Railjack's Tunguska Cannon from destroying them in one shot. Conventional armaments and ordnance are needed to deplete the shielding to allow the Cannon to dispatch the ship efficiently. Alternatively, the Tenno can infiltrate the vessel using an Archwing and destroy the Crewship's reactor from the inside.
Axio, Vorac, and Orm Crewships are accompanied by an additional barrier that blocks incoming fire in one direction, and will itself block damage from most ordnance, turrets and Battle Mod abilities. The barrier moves to the direction the crewship last received damage, only deactivating when the drone behind the barrier is destroyed. 's area of effect and the Photor's innate punch through (, etc) can bypass this shield.
Vorac and Orm Crewships are protected by an impregnable energy shield when they first appear, similar to Grineer Skold Crewships. This shield protects the Crewship not only from all damage, but also from any Tenno boarding attempts. The three shield generators attached to the ship remain vulnerable to damage and can be easily destroyed by a Tycho Seeker missile or .
Orm Crewships are capable of deploying a shielding bubble that quickly regenerates the shields of nearby fighters and provides overshields.
Crewships are armed with homing missile launchers and can launch up to four Corpus Ramsleds to send personnel to board the Railjack. Tenno infiltrating the Crewship can silence the missile launchers and Ramsleds by killing the Crewship's pilot, gunners, and crew; afterward, the Tenno may also hijack the Crewship, piloting it much like their own Railjack, while also becoming a valid target against other Corpus fighters.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any Tenno inside a Crewship when it explodes are ejected into space in Archwing mode, and take no damage from the blast.
- If the Crewship's health reaches 0 from Arch-guns or Railjack turrets, it will not be immediately defeated. Instead, it will be temporarily disabled for several seconds, then begin regenerating its health.
- If the Crewship's reactor is destroyed and then the ship reaches 0 health, it will immediately explode.
- If the Crewship reaches 0 health while commandeered by a Tenno, the reactor meltdown sequence will occur.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Crewship's individual engines can also be targeted by Archguns, slowing it down if not completely immobilizing it until its crew restarts at least one engine.
- The Forward Artillery will deal no damage to an engine that is already destroyed. Thus, this tactic is poor for efficiently running missions.
- Destroying all three engines will disable the Crewship's weaponry and kill half of its crew.
- Killing the Pilot and Crewman gunners will completely disable the ship's armaments, preventing them from further harming the Railjack and allowing Tenno to safely fly away after disembarking the Crewship.
- Even the highest level Crewships will be destroyed in a single shot to the engines from the Forward Artillery, without any damage boosting avionics. Landing a 'bullseye' on the thrusters is not necessary, the entire body of any engine will work reliably.
- The side engines are the easiest target for Forward Artillery, as it can be rather difficult to tell where the body of the middle engine begins and ends.
- Quickly taking over a crewship by killing the gunners and pilot, then getting into the pilot seat marks the ship as Tenno-owned and will cause Corpus to begin focusing down the ship. Tenno crew can then leave the ship and use it as a distraction to keep enemies (including other crewships) from attacking the railjack. This can be useful for solo players or players not confident enough in their Tunguska Cannon accuracy from great distances or against erratically moving targets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Though these Crewships first appear in-game as enemies with Update 29.10, a Crewship is first seen above the shore in Cetus near the Tower of Unum during the live demo from TennoLIVE 2017.
- It can still be seen landing in Cetus periodically.
- This same type of ship can be seen docked inside of a room in the Corpus tilesets.