It can be used on the following weapons:
- Lethal Damage refers to the mod's ability to instantly kill enemies upon performing a finisher attack, regardless of their level or defenses.
- The "Extra Damage" bonus provided by this mod adds a flat damage bonus to the weapon's base damage, i.e. a fully-ranked Covert Lethality will add 100 points of additional base damage to the weapon. Any physical or elemental damage mods that are then added will base their bonuses on the improved base damage.
- Melee Damage mods, such as Pressure Point, are not affected by this increase.
- When selecting components to use for creating a Dagger Zaw, it is recommended to focus maximising speed at the cost of damage on the assumption that this mod will be used in most dagger builds. The additive increase to damage will be relatively more significant on a lighter Zaw while the increased attack speed will benefit both Critical and Status Zaw configurations.
- Aside from Stealth attacks, the following Warframe abilities can also leave enemies vulnerable to melee finishers, regardless if the finisher is performed in front or behind the enemy;
- Ash's Teleport. (Even better when used with the Fatal Teleport augment: a guaranteed instakill even if neither mod is ranked. Some named enemies are exempt.)
- Banshee's Savage Silence augment.
- Savage Silence is required to make Silence open enemies to finishers, as the standard stun performed by the ability does not do so.
- Equinox' Rest.
- As any damage affected targets receive will make them fall to the ground, try to avoid attacking them if you plan to make use of Covert Lethality.
- Excalibur's Radial Blind.
- Gara's passive Glint may blind enemies when she is in bright light.
- Inaros' Desiccation.
- Do note that enemies are only open to melee finishers if they are facing Inaros when Desiccation is cast.
- Ivara's Sleep Arrow.
- Mirage's Prism.
- Valkyr's Paralysis.
- Wukong's Cloud Walker.
- Enemies that surpass the normal level limit of 9,999 (such as Syndicate Death Squads that could spawn during the TennoCon 2016 alert) instead take normal finisher damage rather than being instantly killed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.