The Corvas flak cannon is a heavy Arch-gun with shotgun properties. It can be rapidly fired to saturate an area with pellets or charged to release a more powerful scattershot.
- Very high base damage.
- High damage – effective against shields.
- Second highest critical chance and critical multiplier of all arch-guns, behind .
- Tight pellet spread. Pellet spread can hit multiple targets per shot.
- Good ammo efficiency.
- Shots have a guaranteed proc.
- Innate polarity.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to ?% from 100m to 200m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Long reload delay of 3 seconds.
- Extremly slow ammo regeneration rate.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 60m to 120m target distance (distances are affected Projectile Speed).
- Fully charged shots cause a heavy recoiling effect that breaks zoom and knockback.
- Low overall status chance.
- Short maximum effective range even with charged shot.
- Slow fire rate.
- Relatively small magazine.
- Corvas (Charged Shot), compared to Corvas Prime (Charged Shot):
- Lower base damage per projectile (880 vs. 960)
- Lower total damage (880 vs. 960)
- Lower base critical chance (40.00% vs. 56.00%)
- Lower base status chance (13.00% vs. 20.00%)
- Lower average damage per tap (1584 vs. 2035.2)
- Lower burst DPS (3168 vs. 4070.4)
- Lower sustained DPS (1931.70 vs. 2261.33)
- Greater max damage reduction at ending falloff distance (100.00% vs. 50.00%)
- Larger magazine (25 vs. 20)
- Less polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (1 vs. 14)
- Higher disposition (●●●●○ (1.20x) vs. ●○○○○ (0.50x))
2 - Authentic 20,000
2 - Intriguing 20,000
2 - Valiant 20,000
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 210||Blueprints Price:35,000|
- In Archwing mode, Corvas fires a wide energy projectile, similar to the . In Atmospheric mode, it functions like a shotgun, and fires hit-scan pellets.
- As a shotgun-like weapon, the Corvas is best used when engaging enemies at close range, where its scattershot spread can be used to deal massive damage against enemy units.
- Charging this weapon is not advised, as after modding for fire rate, the added charge time reduces total dps more than the higher base damage compensates for it. In atmosphere, the fully-charged stagger further feeds the disparity.
- Corvas is derived from corvus, the Latin term for crow, a bird commonly viewed as a harbinger of death and destruction on battlefields in many northern European cultures. A corvus was also a Roman naval warfare device that was used to latch onto and board enemy vessels.
- Prior to Hotfix 15.3.3 (2014-11-25), the charged mode was not working. Firing at objects at various ranges yielded no difference in the shot spread pattern and damage regardless of whether one charged the weapon or not.
- The Ceramica Collection seems to be fashioned after the Corvas; the Pandero Ceramica Skin in particular bearing a striking resemblance.
- , the Prime variant of this Weapon.
|Archwing • Compare All|
|Archwings||Amesha • Elytron • Itzal • Odonata (Prime)|
|Arch-guns||• • • ( ) • • ( ) • ( ) • • • • • •|
|Arch-melees||• • • • • • ( )|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|