Corrupt Charge is a mod that increases the initial Combo Counter of melee weapons while reducing the reset timer.
- Combo counter starts with 8/15/23/30 as base value.
- Decreases combo counter reset time by 12.5% / 25% / 37.5% / 50%.
- Using a Heavy Attack on a melee weapon with this equipped will deplete the Combo Counter like usual, but it will then rapidly regenerate to full within 2 seconds.
- The Combo Duration penalty is calculated from the melee weapon's base value. Meaning it always subtracts exactly 2.5 seconds and therefore is easily counteracted by
Body Count and/or Drifting Contact.
- When this mod was released, only a fully ranked version could be acquired. It was patched in Hotfix 10.3.1 (2013-10-09).
- As of Update 13.0 (2014-04-09), this is the only Corrupted mod that does not feature any sort of Prime equipment on its portrait.
- Due to a bug introduced around Update 13.0 (2014-04-09), Corrupt Charge could be obtained through Transmutation up until late 2014. This made it one of two Corrupted Mods that could (unintentionally) be obtained outside of Orokin Vaults (a similar bug occurred with Anemic Agility, which was a potential drop from Ballista from Update 13.0 (2014-04-09) to Hotfix 15.7.2 (2014-12-19)).
- Unlike most mods, the picture shows an Excalibur wearing the Pendragon helmet, his Immortal Skin, as well as a different color scheme. This is a rare instance of a mod depicting a non-default character loadout. The other examples are Life Strike, Second Wind, True Punishment, Enduring Strike, Warrior's Grip and Quickening, all of which are channeling mods.
- Prior to Update 26.0 (2019-10-31), this mod increases Channeling damage while reducing Channeling efficiency.
Corrupt Charge Card image pre-Update 13
Corrupt Charge pre-Update 14.5
Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
- Adds a large amount to the Combo Counter, but significantly reduces the time it takes for the Combo Counter to drain (previously +100% Channeling Damage, -40% Channeling Efficiency).
Hotfix 24.1.5 (2018-12-13)
- Updated Life Strike, Focused Defense, and Corrupt Charge Mod descriptions to read better.
Update 13.0 (2014-04-09)
- Changed Killing Blow with the removal of Charge Attacks for Combos.
Update 10.3 (2013-10-09)
- Introduced along with Orokin Vaults.
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)