“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
The Corpus Gas City is a tileset which was introduced in Update 11.0, serving as the home of Alad V. The Gas City has many facilities built to harvest the power of the planet's gas. The indoor areas vary greatly from neat lobbies and labs to dusty maintenance areas for the harvesters, while the outdoors allow players to traverse the deck of the ships under an eternal sunset. Scavenger Drones, Detron Crewmen and Anti MOAs were introduced with this tileset, and were initially exclusive to locations using the tileset.
The tileset received a complete overhaul in Update 25.0, adding large open spaces for advanced maneuvers in addition to remastered graphics and audio. Amalgam enemies, Disruption game mode and the Ropalolyst boss are also featured in the remaster.
“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
Several large tiles in the Gas City have locked orange doors with active holograms on them. To gain access to them, players have to perform a series of tasks within the tile itself.
- First, players must find and destroy destructible orange block called an Access Controller, typically found within ceilings or high on the walls within the tile.
- Once the Access Controller is destroyed, a set of consoles will open up throughout the tile, marked by "???" when approached. Each console is marked by their own unique blue symbol above it, which corresponds to the holographic symbols found on the locked orange door. A timer (ranging from 15 to 25 seconds) will appear upon activating a console, which shows the amount of time a player has left to open the door. To open the locked door, players must activate each console in sequence according to the descending order of symbols on the locked door within the time limit.
- If successfully opened, the orange door will lead into a small chamber with lockers in it, among them a special violet locker that will yield a Gas City Captura scene when opened. This chamber has a large windowed door with Sentient parts on it, which players can open by shooting it multiple times with their Operator's Void Beam. The laboratory inside will have up to 3 hostile Amalgam units that'll attack the player, as well as a hostile Sentient unit trapped in a glass enclosure that can be released by shooting out the glass. Another violet locker will also be present inside the laboratory that will yield another Captura scene.
Several exposed pipes can be found on walls and ceilings in the Corpus Gas City, some of which may have a rectangular orange light on them. This denotes that they are destructible, and when destroyed by weapons or abilities can unleash a 10-meter jet of flame that deals Heat damage to any units caught within it.
Several doors on the tileset have Scanners on them, large devices that project an energy curtain covering half of the door either horizontally or vertically. While passing through these curtains has no effect on the player, they will trigger defensive systems on the rooms it connects to, with the type of defense depending on the room. Players can either avoid the energy curtains or destroy the scanners themselves to prevent them from triggering defenses.
- Certain rooms will deploy a Shock Turret, which can be seen as a small orange disc on the ceiling. These project a shock area visible as an orange circumference on the ground, which will deal Electric damage and proc per second against any units within its radius. The orange disc can be destroyed by weapons fire, which will make it deploy a larger blue cylinder that deals increased area damage. This cylinder will self-destruct after 5 seconds, or alternatively, players can simply destroy it through weapons fire instead.
- Some tiles will have vents on the floor which will release a putrid green gas cloud for 10 seconds, dealing Toxin damage and proc to any unit caught in it.
|Jupiter||Amalthea||Spy||Corpus||17 - 19|
|Jupiter||Ananke||Capture||Corpus||16 - 18|
|Jupiter||Callisto||Interception||Corpus||15 - 20|
|Jupiter||Carme||Mobile Defense||Corpus||16 - 18|
|Jupiter||Carpo||Exterminate||Corpus||17 - 19|
|Jupiter||Elara||Survival||Corpus||15 - 20|
|Jupiter||Ganymede||Disruption||Corpus||35 - 40|
|Jupiter||Io||Defense||Corpus||15 - 20|
|Jupiter||Metis||Rescue||Corpus||15 - 17|
|Jupiter||Thebe||Sabotage||Corpus||18 - 20|
|Jupiter||Cameria||Dark Sector Survival||Infestation||20 - 30|
|Jupiter||Sinai||Dark Sector Defense||Infestation||20 - 30|
|Neptune||Galatea||Capture||Corpus||27 - 29|
- Sometimes certain rooms from the Corpus Ship tileset will be used, with windows showing space outside, this is a bug that has not yet been fixed.