Copernics are an uncommon Resource that can be found on the Orb Vallis via Mining from red ore veins. They can also be found in Empyrean missions along with other Update 26.1 Materials. They are used in constructing the Railjack.
Blueprints Requiring CopernicsEdit
|Railjack Tail Section Research||Component||(80)|
|Railjack Engine Cowling Research||Component||(40)|
Last updated: Update 26.1
- Cannot be obtained from the Exploiter Orb.
- Joining a Railjack squad for Empyrean missions is a way to gain large amounts of ship materials, including Copernics. Use recruiting chat to matchmake, as clicking on the node does not automatically do so, yet.
- Total number of Copernics to be mined from an ore depends on the distance from Fortuna gate, starting from 3 and up to 6. Note that these numbers are result of fast mining that is made without waiting perfect heat gauge alignment. The numbers will be higher for perfect mining, however the time spent for each ore will also be higher whether or not it gives Copernics. Without any use of boosters, maximum number of Copernics gained from perfect mining is capped at 10, regardless of the distance. Please refer to Mining page for more detailed calculations.
- A good place to farm these is the cave that Deck 12 is in.
- Copernics may be derived from Nicolaus Copernicus, a Renaissance-era astronomer and polymath who, while not the first person to advocate for it, would lay the groundwork for the Heliocentric model of the Solar System. His hypothesis would be supported a century later by Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei, who first observed that Venus exhibited planetary phases much like our moon.
- In sharp contrast to the naturally formed minerals in both the Orb Vallis and the Plains of Eidolon, Copernics are clearly artificial and likely of Orokin origin.