Copernics are a common Resource that can be found in Orb Vallis via Mining from red ore veins. They can also be found in Empyrean missions as a possible loot drop. They are used in constructing, upgrading, and maintaining the Railjack.
Blueprints Requiring CopernicsEdit
- Does not drop from the Exploiter Orb.
- When running Empyrean missions to farm Copernics, all Copernics, Carbides, Cubic Diodes, and Pustrels are stored in the Railjack's Resource Forge in order to manufacture consumable items. The Forge holds a default of 200 of each resource, after which additional gathering is automatically distributed to the squad, until the mission is completed. Pressing the "Refine" button from one of the Forge station will distribute the resources to the entire squad.
- Total number of Copernics to be mined from an ore depends on the distance from the Fortuna gate, starting from 3 and up to 6. Note that these numbers are result of fast mining that is made without waiting perfect heat gauge alignment. The numbers will be higher for perfect mining, however the time spent for each ore will also be higher whether or not it gives Copernics. Without any use of boosters, maximum number of Copernics gained from perfect mining is capped at 10, regardless of the distance. Please refer to Mining page for more detailed calculations.
- A good place to farm these is the Deck 12 cave.
- Although being a Void tileset resource, Copernics seem to have a very low drop chance, even lower than Argon Crystals. It is advised to use resource boosters while farming them outside of Railjack missions.
- Copernics may be derived from Nicolaus Copernicus, a Renaissance-era astronomer and polymath who, while not the first person to advocate for it, would lay the groundwork for the Heliocentric model of the Solar System. His hypothesis would be supported a century later by Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei, who first observed that Venus exhibited planetary phases much like our moon.
- In sharp contrast to the naturally formed minerals in both the Orb Vallis and the Plains of Eidolon, Copernics are clearly artificial and likely of Orokin origin.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.