“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Update 25.7 changed how abilities interact with Coolant Raknoid. They are now resistant to most abilities rather than immune.
Coolant Raknoid is a medium sized Raknoid creature found in the Orb Vallis. It drops a refined coolant canister on death which can be used to seal Thermia Fractures located around Orb Vallis during the Operation: Buried Debts Event.
Coolant Raknoids will actively prevent Tenno from destroying Exploiter Orb by delivering refined coolant to the Orb during Operation: Buried Debts.
- Coolant Raknoids will spawn underneath the Exploiter Orb (usually patrolling near the Temple of Profit). If the Exploiter Orb is targeting Tenno/Warframes, one Coolant Raknoid will spawn every 20 seconds. When the Exploiter Orb is unengaged, Coolant Raknoids will spawn much faster.
- They are vulnerable to any Status Effect.
- They are vulnerable to headshots; their entire coolant tank counts as their head region.
- When their shields are nearly depleted, Coolant Raknoids may curl up for five seconds. This renders them immobile and unable to attack, but drastically boosts the recharge rate of their shields.
- During phase 2 of Exploiter Orb battle, killing Coolant Raknoids will prevent them from cooling the Orb down and also provide coolant canisters.
- Tenno can use these coolant canisters to immediately seal Thermia Fractures, created by the Orb trying to cool herself, and obtain Thermia canisters to be used to overheat the Orb.
- Coolant Raknoids will ignore Tenno upon spawning, walking straight toward Exploiter Orb. Raknoids who successfully give their coolant to Exploiter Orb will turn to attack nearby Tenno, then spontaneously die after several seconds.
Interaction with Warframes abilitiesEdit
Coolant Raknoids are very inconsistent on what abilities can affect them:
- Immune to Quiver's Noise and Sleep Arrows, but a Cloak Arrow can still be placed on a Coolant Raknoid, but it will always be centered on its belly regardless of where the Arrow hit it.
- Navigator works normally
- Immune to Prowl's pickpocket, but won't see through invisibility
- Artemis Bow works normally
- Refined coolant is used to close Thermia Fractures and obtain Diluted Thermia during Operation: Buried Debts.
- It is also used to close Thermia Fractures created by Exploiter Orb, during the fight, and obtain Thermia canister.
- Refined coolant is probably a more potent form of typical coolant used to terraform Orb Vallis into its current condition and also act as bodies of water.