|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Good critical chance.
- High critical multiplier.
- Very high status chance.
- Alternate Fire spreads the beams outward and continuously sweeps back and forth, good for covering the sides of the weapon.
- Large magazine size.
- High ammo reserves.
- Tied with Phage and Phantasma for the fastest fire rate of all shotguns.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- No damage falloff.
- Can use the Convectrix-exclusive Efficient Beams mod.
- Innate polarity.
- Lowest damage of all shotguns.
- Damage ramps up from 60% (primary fire)/80% (alt-fire) to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 60%/80% over 2 seconds.
- Before 100% status chance, the listed status chance is the base chance per shot that at least one beam will proc a status; the actual base status chance per beam is ~16.33%.
- Limited range of 30 meters.
- Does not deal full damage at the crosshair until both beams are aligned.
- Alternate fire uses slightly more ammo than the primary fire.
- The Convectrix fires two beams with a length of 25 meters from its twin emitters, which move into position when the fire button is held. If using primary fire, the beams are emitted at the sides and then converge into the center of aim; if using secondary fire, the beams begin from the center and then diverge outwards and back again in a sweeping motion.
- The weapon's listed damage is split between the two beams, thus each beam deals half of the listed damage, per second.
- This combined with the fact that the weapon must continually contact enemies for maximum damage, means the alt fire mode consumes more ammo, and often does less damage overall.
- The most similar weapon to the Convectrix is the Phage, an Infested continuous shotgun weapon that fires seven beams that move toward the center of the reticle when using the zoom function.
- Other similar Corpus beam weapons include:
- The Convectrix can use the Combustion Beam mod to deal damage to enemies in range upon death.
- Sinister Reach can be used to increase the Convectrix's range.
- Consider using Shotgun Ammo Mutation to help regain ammo, especially in long duration mission types.
- Vicious Spread has no effect at all on the beams when they are combined. While it slightly increases the radius of its sweeping pattern, the weapon converges the beams fast enough that it's not noticeable.
- The Convectrix has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces, making it an ideal candidate for a Desecrating Nekros to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- As fire rate will not increase the speed at which the two beams converge but the ammo drain, it is ill-advised to use too many fire rate mods if you can't utilize the beams while they are not converged.
- Convectrix is likely derived from the word convex. A convex lens refracts multiple beams of parallel light to single focal point. This is similar to how the Convectrix works when the fire button is held, having two beams of energy converging to a single point.
- May also refer to the words convene (v. to come together) or converge (v. to tend to meet in a point or line; incline toward each other, as lines that are not parallel.) which share similar origin and meaning.
- When the beams are converged on an enemy, a singeing or burning sound can be heard, unique to the Convectrix.
- Using the secondary fire mode will flash "540" as your reserve ammo count, regardless of how much reserve ammo you actually have. This bug is only visual and the ammo count returns to normal upon release.
- Rapidly firing the weapon and letting the beams converge over a short period will "stack" the sound affects, and after firing you will still hear "ghost" sound effects in that spot for as the game continues to cue these affects.
- Flux Rifle, a Corpus beam weapon that utilizes a single beam.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.