Conculysts are Sentient combat drones specialized for melee combat, capable of performing agile, heavy strikes, and forming an offensive whirlwind with their baton-arms alone. They have the unique ability to "adapt" to their enemy's attacks and gain resistances to damage types, facilitating the need to use multiple damage types in order to take them down.
They are first encountered in The Second Dream quest. They can then be encountered on the Orokin Moon tileset on Lua, spawning in pairs after an Oculyst scans a Tenno at the Orokin Moon tileset. They have also attracted the interest of the Corpus and can be very rarely encounterd in Orb Vallis's Enrichment Lab, as well as in the Corpus Gas City tileset on Jupiter within the secret laboratories in test tubes and during the last phase of the Ropalolyst fight. They can mainly be found in Murex ships in Veil Proxima, where they dwell together with other Sentient unities.
Damage Adaptation[edit | edit source]
As a Sentient, Conculysts have the ability to adapt up to 4 damage types from attacks: a Sentient's health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grant resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Sentient will adapt to damage once per health gate, at the percentages listed below:
- First gate: 25% Health lost.
- Second gate: 45% Health lost.
- Third gate: 65% Health lost.
- Fourth gate: 80% Health lost.
Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. A single Sentient can adapt against a maximum of 4 damage types even if another Sentient transfers their adaptation, and Sentients will still receive full damage from any damage that exceeds their health gate before adapting.
On adapting to a damage type, the color of the glowing core on their chest changes to the corresponding damage type they recently adapted to, along with displaying the icon of said damage type below their health gauge.
The adaptation decreases in effectiveness the more damage types it resists.
- For the first adaptation, the Conculysts will resist the damage type by 90%.
- For the second adaptation, the Conculysts will resist the damage type by 80%.
- For the third adaptation, the Conculysts will resist the damage type by 75%.
- For the fourth adaptation, the Conculysts will resist the damage type by 70%.
Using the Operator's Void Beam, Excalibur Umbra's Radial Howl, a rank 40 Paracesis, or Shedu's pulse on expending all ammo will remove all their damage resistances. They can still regain their resistances, however, the aforementioned abilities and weapons will always be able to remove them.
The Conculysts also receive another 40% resistance to the damage type at each adaptation, which stacks multiplicatively with the previously listed ones. These resistances cannot be removed by any of the methods listed above.
The damage gating also prevents Conculysts from being killed in one shot, as the maximum percentage of health removable in one instance is:
- 25% at full health
- 20% between 75% & 55% max HP
- 20% between 55% & 35% of max HP
- 15% between 35% & 20%, after which there is no limit and the Conculysts will take damage normally at every instance
For this reason it is highly recommended to use weapons with multishot to multiply the instances of damage dealt per shot like shotguns, weapons equipped with Split Chamber or Barrel Diffusion, or weapons with high fire rate.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Similar to their damage adaptation, they are also capable of adapting to debuff-based Warframe abilities such as Nova's Molecular Prime, with each subsequent uses reducing their duration linearly by 33%, down to as low as 5%.
- Sentient arms are interchangeable. A Conculyst can also use one Battalyst arm and one Conculyst arm, or two Battalyst arms. Conculysts will retain their Tornado ability. Sentient arms will only despawn after an extended period of time.
- The Conculyst's main method of attack is to charge at a Tenno with their baton-arms, dealing massive Impact damage.
- Conculysts can perform a whirlwind attack around themselves that will inflict heavy Impact damage and knockdown a Tenno. They are completely invulnerable to damage when doing this. The whirlwind hits once every second. The loss of arms does not seem to keep the Conculyst from performing this ability; however, losing both arms significantly reduces the effectiveness, as only contact with the arms or main body will actually cause any damage.
- Sometimes, after adapting to an attack, Conculysts will release several bursts of wavelight that will damage shields, but will not harm health in a similar manner to Laser Barrier.
- When near other Sentients, they can use their own version of Link amongst themselves which communally splits the damage they take to each other. Any damage adaptations that the host Sentient develops while linked will also be transferred over to the Sentient recipients.
- The Conculyst's arms can be removed by shooting them, or with Loki's Radial Disarm. It is possible to remove both of their arms rendering them unable to attack normally, though this does not bar them from using their whirlwind attack. They may occasionally abandon the battle to retrieve their arms one at a time, typically after using their special attack.
- A Sentient core will be dropped when a Conculyst is destroyed. If a nearby Sentient is present, it will proceed to obtain the core to fully replenish their health and shields. Otherwise, it will self-destruct after some time has passed.
- A Tenno can also pick up a Sentient core, which will fully recover their health, shields and energy.
- They are immune to levitating conditions such as Well of Life and ragdoll conditions such as Pull.
- They are susceptible to the stagger effect of Trinity's Energy Vampire, during which they will not be able to perform damage adaptation. Attacking them with high damage weapons such as the Tonkor will make the encounter easier as they will not be able to adapt to the damage fast enough.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Do not let them corner you into a wall.
- Their weakpoint is the head. Ammunition will pass through their core and their chest.
- Balanced damage-type weapons with equal Impact, Puncture and Slash such as Seer, Braton, Burston or Sybaris may prove to be effective as these type of weapons/ability suffer the least damage loss per adaptation.
- Weapons that deal high damage per hit like sniper rifles are more effective than high fire rate weapons that deal less damage per hit like automatic rifles, as the former can deal more damage beyond a Sentient's health gate, allowing more damage to be dealt with a particular damage type before the Sentient adapts.
- Every Warframe ability stances with equal Impact, Puncture and Slash will allow a player to deal immense damage to Sentient due to them having high raw damage coupled with them losing least damage per adaptation. The following abilities allow quick kills when fully modded: Peacemaker, Exalted Blade, Hysteria and Primal Fury.
- Remember to pick up Sentient cores as they restore full health, shield and energy.
- As with the Battalyst, their arms can be removed by shooting them. It's possible to remove both their arms, leaving them unable to attack normally, but still able to use their special attack.
- A Nyx with Assimilate can attack with ease, because the ability renders her immune to damage and procs while simultaneously allowing her to use her weapons.
- Be wary when using debuff abilities on this unit as each subsequent use will render them less and less effective. Avoid spamming certain abilities (such as Rhino Stomp) as it will raise their resistance to the debuff even if it is still in effect.
- It is not recommended to use Nekros' Terrify against them, because they can fly and move very quickly, making them difficult to attack while terrified.
- Excalibur's Radial Blind, Mirage's Prism, Loki's Irradiated Disarm and Oberon's Smite and Reckoning does not appear to be affected by this mechanic.
- Equinox's Maim ability is still affected, making the Sentients temporarily stunned & buy you more time.
- Due to their health not having any weakness or resistances to any damage type, weapons modded with full corrosive is most effective, as it will deal bonus damage to their ferrite armor which is weak to corrosive. It will not however, remove any of their armor.
- After finishing The War Within quest, using the Operator makes the fight much easier as the Void Beam cannot be adapted to and removes all of the damage adaptations the drone gained during the battle. Amps also makes fights against Conculysts significantly easier by providing additional firepower.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The Conculyst does not appear in the Simulacrum or Captura spawn list even when fully scanned.
- The Conculyst may lack both arms in its Codex entry.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Oculyst, sentient drones that call in Sentient fighters.
- Battalyst, a heavy combat sentient fighter.
|Drone||Aerolyst • Anu Mantalyst • Anu Pyrolyst • Battalyst • Brachiolyst • Conculyst • Eradicyst • Mimic • Oculyst • Ortholyst • Summulyst • Symbilyst|
|Spectral||Anu Interference Drone • Choralyst • Spectralyst • Vomvalyst|
|Amalgam||Amalgam Arca Heqet • Amalgam Arca Kucumatz • Amalgam Cinder Machinist • Amalgam Phase MOA • Amalgam Swarm Satyr|
|Ships||Condrix • Gyrix • Ionyx • Murex • Orphix • Splintrix|
|Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst • Ropalolyst • Condrix • Suda-Hunhow • Wolf of Saturn Six|