The Zenistar is a melee weapon available through the Daily Tribute system as a reward for logging in for 100, 300, 500, or 700 cumulative days. Its Charge Attack ejects a flying fire disc, damaging nearby enemies.
- The Zenistar is exclusive to the Daily Tribute system. It will become available every 200 days, beginning at day 100, until chosen as the Milestone reward. It comes with a free weapon slot and pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
- With Update 18 (which introduced the Daily Tribute system) releasing on December 3, 2015, this weapon first became available on September 26, 2016.
- Innate Heat damage – effective against health, and shields.
- Charge Attack releases a floating disc that deals Impact on contact and then releases a Heat explosion. The disc stays in place and radiates a damaging Heat aura for 15 seconds.
- Innate polarity.
- Stance slot has a polarity, matches the Conclave-only Noble Cadence.
- While the disc is attached, the weapon does not benefit from Impact, Puncture or Slash damage mods.
- While the disc is thrown, the handle has low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Low base attack speed.
- The Zenistar is exclusive to the Daily Tribute system, and can only be attained after 300 accumulated log-ins. It comes with a free weapon slot and pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
- With Update 18.0 (which introduced the Daily Tribute system) releasing on December 3, 2015, this weapon first became available on September 26, 2016.
- Performing a Charge Attack with the Zenistar equipped launches the disc a distance of 9 meters in the direction of the reticle. Whilst the disc is a projectile, it will deal 15 Impact damage on contact and 78 Heat damage when it explodes. Once it lands, it projects an aura with a 4 meter radius, dealing 18 Heat damage every 0.8 seconds for 15 seconds.
- Players cannot launch a disc with a charge attack if the Zenistar is not actively equipped.
- The disc can be retrieved prematurely by performing another charge attack, or getting far enough away from where it is planted (around 100 meters away).
- When launching the disc into water, the disc will not bounce and stops immediately.
- Regardless of the rotational position of the disc, the flames will always be horizontal.
- Mods/abilities/etc. that will work with the disc:
- The attack speed of the disc's aura is affected by bonuses such as ( Martial Fury, Warcry and Speed.
- Damage buffs such as Rhino's Roar will only effect the disc's damage for as long as the buff is active.
- As with almost all projectiles, the disc will be attracted to Mag's Magnetize if the disc makes contact with the bubble at any time after which it has been launched. The disc will then proceed to circle around the inside of the bubble's circumference until either Magnetize expires or the disc expires (whichever comes first), affecting enemies radially as the disc moves. It is currently unknown whether this is by design or an unintentional bug, and may only be seen visually by the casting Mag user.
- The Zenistar's name likely stems from zenith, whereas its design is inspired by a sundial.
- The Zenistar is the first weapon in Warframe that changes its damage distribution: in this case heat is replaced by physical damage of the same amount when the disc is discharged from the weapon. This allows the weapon to be made for pure elemental builds (with the disc on) or have the ability to deal physical damage (like heavy slash procs) with the disc ejected.
- The console version of the Zenistar had different stats upon release, being identical to those of the Scindo Prime's (with innate Heat damage instead of physical damage), but couldn't launch its disc, similar to how the Azima couldn't launch its magazine when it was released on consoles.
- Despite being a heavy blade, the Zenistar is held like a hammer by the Warframe.
- Sometimes the disc stays inside the Zenistar even when the disc has launched. This is only a visual bug and does not affect the weapon in any case.
- Sometimes attempting to throw the disc will result in the disc not being ejected from the handle. Swapping to a different weapon and then swapping back might fix the issue.
- When the Dominion Blade Skin is equipped on the Zenistar, the blade will appear to be extremely large. While this was unintentional, the developers have stated that they like it, so it is unlikely to change.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.