“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- War's blueprint can be acquired as a random drop after defeating the Shadow Stalker.
- War can be bought as part of the Hunhow's Gift bundle in order to bypass the Mastery Rank Requirement.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Tied with the Scindo for the highest base damage of all Heavy Blades.
- Extremely long melee range.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against health.
- Stance slot has polarity, does not match the Conclave-only Noble Cadence stance.
- Below average attack speed.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The energy that surrounds War's blades and the glowing light in its hilt will react to different things.
- When channeling, both will glow extremely brightly, and gradually return to normal brightness after turning channeling off. This specific trait is shared with the (Synoid) Heliocor.
- War's lights will also briefly glow after it kills an enemy.
- When holstered, both the blade and hilt glow will dissipate until brandished again.
- The hilt light glows a different color than the blades' lights, which is determined by the attachments energy color. Unlike the blade itself, whose default energy color is blue, the default attachments energy color is red.
- Despite its immense size, this weapon's reach is no larger than that of the Galatine/ Galatine Prime.
- In the The Second Dream quest, War was not only the sword that the Shadow Stalker used, but also housed the consciousness of the Sentient Hunhow. War would be shattered in two during the climax of the quest, creating the Broken War sword, which is simply the broken off piece re-purposed as a weapon.
- War's hilt-light having a separate energy color from the main weapon also references this, as during the quest, it would glow red and pulse whenever Hunhow spoke through the weapon.
- This weapon, along with the Broken War, is the first Sentient weapon available to players.
- The pommel of this weapon is similar in shape and design to the Hunhow Sentinel Mask.
- The name "War" references the biblical Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The horseman of the red horse, War, is charged with bringing battle and slaughter, and is given a great sword. This is reflected in the weapon's main color being red, and its sheer size.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- On very rare occasion, War's lights won't stop glowing after getting a kill or channeling is toggled off. This can often be visually distracting, but can usually be fixed by dying.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Broken War, the smaller, longsword version of this weapon.
- Shadow Stalker, the only known user of this weapon
References[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.