Rupture the ground with a damaging fungal growth that steals energy from each enemy it strikes. For every five enemies hit, the Infestation mutates, multiplying its destructive force.
|Misc:4 m (fungal growth width)|
25 (energy refund per hit)
- Nidus ruptures the ground to unleash a linear growth of fungal infestation 14 meters long and 4 meters wide toward the targeted location. Enemies struck by fungal growth are staggered, dealt 40 Puncture damage amplified by the number of Mutation stacks accumulated, as well as refunding energy to Nidus for each enemy hit.
- Enemies hit by Virulence contribute to Nidus' Mutation gauge.
- Virulence's total damage uses the following expression when accounting for Mutation stacks:
- Amplified Damage = Base Damage × (1 + Number of Stacks)
- With 3 stacks, a rank-3 Virulence's total damage will be increased to:
- 40 × (1 + 3) = 160 damage (decimals are rounded down to the nearest whole number during calculations).
- Maggots from Ravenous can be manually detonated when impaled by Virulence's fungal growth, exploding for damage and contributing to the Mutation gauge per enemy hit.
- Holding the ability key displays a rectangular range indicator on the horizontal plane in front of Nidus. Releasing the key casts Virulence. Range indicator color is affected by the chosen energy color.
- Player can move the aiming reticle while holding down the button to aim Virulence at the desired direction.
- While held, the player can still perform other actions such as moving, jumping, firing weapons, and casting other abilities. Releasing the key while in midair will exit range indicator mode without casting Virulence.
- While held, Maggots from Ravenous will be marked on the HUD, allowing increased visibility for selective detonation using Virulence.
- Virulence will cast toward the targeted location regardless of Nidus' orientation.
- Cannot be cast while in mid-air.
- Cannot be recast until the fungal growth's maximum length is reached or until it cannot spawn any further due to obstruction.
- Virulence does not spawn up or down high terrain elevations, but does flow up and down stairs and ramps.
- Can stagger enemies to help keep them in place for recasts.
- Can allow Nidus to earn extra energy when it hits at least 2 enemies.
- Collect Mutation stacks to amplify Virulence's damage drastically over the course of a mission.
- Hold the ability key to line up Virulence on groups of enemies before releasing to cast. This is an efficient method to gather extra energy and collect hits for stacks. Jump and release the ability key to toggle off the range indicator without casting the ability.
- Can detonate Maggots spawned from Ravenous by you and any Nidus players in your squad. Hits from both the fungal growth and maggot explosion each count toward the Mutation gauge. Blow up anyone's Maggots to help you and your brethren gather more stacks quickly!
- If the fungal growth cannot spawn any further because of obstruction, you can immediately recast Virulence.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.