The Vectis is a high-powered, single-shot, breech-loading sniper rifle. Its single shot behavior provides a bolt-action feel. With significantly less zoom compared to other sniper rifles, it is much better suited for medium-range combat.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 250||Blueprints Price:40,000|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Puncture and Impact damage - effective against health and shields.
- Second fastest reload speed of all sniper rifles, behind Vectis Prime.
- Good ammo economy.
- Pinpoint accuracy while aiming; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Low zoom, ideal for mid-range shooting.
- Zoom is not cancelled during reload.
- Has a slot.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Extremely low magazine size of one round; must reload after every shot.
- High recoil, which may make it difficult to fire a follow-up shot, especially at higher zoom levels.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Vectis, compared to Vectis Prime:
- Higher base damage (110.0 vs. 106.9)
- Lower fire rate (1.5 rounds/sec vs. 2.67 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (1 round vs. 2 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (1 s vs. 0.9 s)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (2 vs. 14)
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Vectis Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Vectis Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the Vectis having the lowest zoom of any sniper rifle, the use of Eagle Eye is recommended for long range combat.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other sniper rifles, such as the Lanka or the Vulkar, the Vectis can reload while zoomed in, allowing for continuous shots without having to re-sight the target.
- The Vectis has to reload after each shot, which resembles the way a bolt-action sniper rifle works in other shooters.
- Cannot use Emergent Aftermath.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite the fact that this came in last place in the Primary Weapon Content Development poll held in the Design Council, it has come out before the Tigris, which had come in second place (the Soma was the primary weapon that came in first place in that poll).
- There is some contention in regards to how the Vectis' action works, but it appears to be classifiable as a breach-loading, single-shot rifle.
- The weapon apparently fires caseless rounds.
- When reloading, the Tenno appears to insert something (likely a new round) into the receiver of the Vectis. The rear portion of the upper assembly appears to automatically rise after firing. The Tenno will smack this assembly down after loading the round.
- The series of hoops along the top of the rifle are a sighting system, but how it works is not obvious, suggesting a sensor and neural link is used to provide zoom.
- The Vectis is the first true Tenno-made sniper rifle, the others being made by either the Corpus or the Grineer.
- Vectis is Latin for "Bar" or "Pole", referring to a locking bar (or bolt), a leveraging bar such as a Crowbar, or possibly referring to a carrying pole.
- When Depleted Reload was first introduced, equipping it on the Vectis would reduce the magazine size to zero, causing the Vectis to draw directly from its ammo reserves and allowing it to fire very quickly. This was fixed in Hotfix 17.0.3; now the Vectis is the only sniper rifle unaffected by the mod's penalty.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Vectis Prime, the Prime counterpart of this gun