The Vaykor Hek is a Hek variant available only from Steel Meridian, boasting double the magazine capacity of the base variant and a faster rate of fire, but it does, however, take slightly longer to reload than the base variant.
- The Vaykor Hek can be acquired by reaching the Rank of General with Steel Meridian, and spending 125,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Vaykor Hek cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to General rank.
- Syndicate weapons can also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 12 to acquire the Vaykor Hek, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against health.
- Tied with normal Hek and Corinth for the narrowest pellet spread of all shotguns.
- Good magazine size.
- Innate and polarities.
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to 26.67% from 10m to 25m target distance (distances are affected by projectile flight speed).
- High recoil.
- Moderately slow reload speed.
- Vaykor Hek, compared to Hek:
- Lower base damage (105.1 vs. 133.0)
- Higher fire rate (3 rounds/sec vs. 2.17 rounds/sec)
- Longer range before damage falloff ends (25m vs. 20m)
- Larger max damage reduction due to falloff (26.7% vs. 20%)
- Larger magazine (8 rounds vs. 4 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (24 rounds vs. 20 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2.3 s vs. 2 s)
- Innate Justice effect
- Different polarities ( vs. None)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 4)
- The listed damage is actually the total of all the pellets' damage value. The actual damage per pellet is 2.25 Impact, 9.75 Puncture and 3 Slash.