The Tipedo is a bladed staff weapon dealing mostly Slash damage.
ERROR: Tipedo not found
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health and shields (although Puncture and Impact is much better against the respective damage classes).
- Tied with the Prisma Obex and Nami Skyla Prime for the highest base attack speed of all melee weapons.
- Has a polarity slot.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Stance has polarity, does not match the Conclave-only Crashing Timber stance.
- See Category:Tipedo Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Tipedo Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Tipedo is the first Staff-type weapon to deal Slash as its primary damage type instead of Impact.
- This is the second weapon that requires two different pre-made weapons in order to craft, the first being the Redeemer.
- The weapon's design is based on the Monk's Spade (otherwise known as the Crescent Moon Spade due to the inverted, crescent-shaped blade on the opposite end), which was used by traveling Buddhist Monks as a defensive weapon as well as a tool to give proper burial to people who died on the roads during their journeys and denied their last rites by their untimely demise.
- Contrary to the real world model, the Tenno version does not feature the inverted crescent-shaped blade, which was used to catch ambushers' swords or keep wild animals at bay. The Tipedo does feature a slotted double crescent blade instead which appears to serve a similar purpose.
- The Tipedo appears to be used much like a Glaive (not to be confused with the in-game weapon of the same name), though with the distinction that Glaives are historically single-edged pole weapons while the Tipedo is double-edged due to the overall design being based on the Monk's Spade.
- The Tipedo was first shown in a concept along with other polearms during Devstream 15.
- Although the Foundry will claim that you can craft the weapon if you have a Bo Prime in your inventory, this is most likely a UI bug as it won't allow you to consume the Bo Prime to build the weapon.
- Despite it's name, Zaws cannot be named "Tipedo", due to profanity.
- Tipedo Prime, the Prime version of the weapon.
- Bo, the prerequisite to the Tipedo.
- Kunai, the prerequisite to the Tipedo.
- Amphis, the Grineer electric staff.
- Lesion, the Infested version.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.