The Sybaris is a burst-fire Tenno lever-action rifle that fires two bullets in quick succession, and serves as the Tenno equivalent to the Grinlok. It can be researched in the Tenno lab in the Clan Dojo. It was released in Update 13.3.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals equal physical damage.
- Highest damage of all burst-fire rifles.
- Very high fire rate.
- Low recoil.
- Negligible burst-fire spread.
- Good long range accuracy.
- Can equip the Sybaris-exclusive Sudden Justice mod.
- Low magazine capacity.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with three bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Sybaris, compared to Sybaris Prime:
- Higher base damage (65.1 vs. 57.0)
- Lower fire rate (3.98 rounds/sec vs. 4.72 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (10 rounds vs. 16 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (50 rounds vs. 48 rounds)
- More accurate (29 vs. 25)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 12)
- Sybaris, compared to Dex Sybaris:
- Higher base damage (65.1 vs. 56.0)
- Lower fire rate (3.98 rounds/sec vs. 4.17 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (10 rounds vs. 14 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (50 rounds vs. 56 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2 s vs. 1.5 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 7)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like the Tiberon, the Sybaris has a very tight shot spread courtesy of its almost nonexistent recoil, capable of landing both shots on a small target. This makes it suitable for long-range shooting unlike most other burst-fire weapons that tend to scatter their shots, and also makes it ideal for landing headshots.
- Maximizing the fire rate of this weapon may require practice, as a short animation is required after each burst is fired.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In order to reach the full fire-rate, one must fire the next burst just before the "lever-action" animation is completed.
- With a semi-auto burst trigger, the Sybaris benefits greatly from having an alternative mode of fire bound to the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel sends inputs to the game much more frequently than the left mouse button would, and the Sybaris is more likely to respond with a scroll than a click in between bursts. Proper use of the scroll wheel can provide additional comfort for the player, yet due to oversampling, it is marginally less effective than a timed click. Some players may also experience slight loss of accuracy due to altered grip on the mouse.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While the Sybaris is often compared to a Winchester rifle, it has more in common with a Porter Turret Rifle, a lever action rifle that also used a sideways disk-like magazine. Likely, the Sybaris works by firing the two bullets in the disk that line up in quick succession.
- Sybaris was an ancient Greek colony in southern Italy that was notable for its luxury.
- It is also the name for a Drakaina (female dragon) from Greek mythology, which terrorized the countryside of Delphi, devouring livestock and people.
- Sybaris is the second weapon that fires two shots per burst (following the Kraken), and the first rifle to do so.
- The large disc with the glowing circular light by the Sybaris' grip is the weapon's magazine.
- The Sybaris was the first weapon to be given the new Physical Based Rendering (PBR) graphics technique in Update 14.9, which gave the weapon a gleaming, metallic texture while still allowing for color customization. This graphics rendering technique would later be applied to select weapons and items in the game.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Sybaris Prime, the prime variant.
- Dex Sybaris, the Dex variant of this rifle.
- Sudden Justice, a Sybaris-exclusive Conclave mod.
- Zylok, the secondary counterpart.