The Stug is an automatic Grineer pistol that fires Corrosive blobs that stick to surfaces and explode. A larger and more powerful blob can be formed using consecutive automatic shots or a single charged shot via Alternate Fire.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 120||Blueprints Price:20,000|
This weapon deals Corrosive damage.
- Innate Corrosive damage – effective against health.
- Fires blobs that sticks to surfaces including enemies and allies. Blobs then deal two small damage over time ticks before exploding all within 3 seconds of impact.
- Can create large blobs that deal more damage. A large blob is formed by:
- Primary fire's consecutive automatic shots in one spot. This stacks up to six times, and any further shots merely resets the detonation timer.
- Alternate Fire charges up a single blob. Consumes 6 ammo while charging.
- Innate polarity.
- Innate Corrosive damage – less effective against shields.
- Blobs have travel time with heavy arcing.
- Very slow alt-fire charge rate.
- Blob impact does no damage nor can it proc status effects.
- Explosions can cause self-damage.
- Has very small explosion radius that does not increase when stacking blobs.
- See Category:Stug Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Stug Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Stug is unusually large for a sidearm, being as large as most primary weapons. This can cause clipping issues, where upper part of the gun can pass into the Warframe's torso when holstered.
- Stug blobs explode when stepped on by anyone.
- The expense of the charged shot determines how many manually fired blobs are fired at simultaneously.
- The maximum charge of the Stug is 6.
- Having the weapon expend no ammunition while charging gives no supposed effects on the blob, such as using 2 pistol ammo to make a 6-charge will create a 2-charge blob instead.
- Damage dealt by charged blobs is inconsistent. In most cases, a fully charged blob will inflict the same amount of damage to the enemy it is stuck to as a single blob will, wasting the time it took to charge the weapon.
- The Stug's shots will not just stick to enemies, but other players too. This lets you put them on another player for a little bit of quick melee defense (similar to Vauban's Teslas, but much shorter lived). Also the shots will stick to Loki's Decoy and Saryn's Molt for an effective trap.
- The Stug is the third of three very large secondary weapons, the first two being the Acrid and the Ballistica.
- "Stug" is likely taken from the WW2 German assault gun of the same name (Sturmgeschütz III & IV); this makes it the second Grineer weapon named after a military vehicle, the first being the Hind.
- This is the second secondary weapon that has a Charge ability.
- While the game startup window (the one that lists recent updates) refers to the Stug as a Goo-gun, the shop calls it a Gel gun.
- Stug's gameplay mechanics are similar to or taken from the Bio-Rifle from Digital Extreme's earlier game series, Unreal Tournament.