Inflicts opponents with Viral damage over time.
|Strength:20 (initial damage)|
2 (damage growth per enemy)
100% ( Viral status chance)
20% (reset decay)
|Duration:10% (damage decay rate)|
|Range:40 m (cast range)|
10 m (spread radius)
7 (damage growth enemy cap)
0.5 s (damage decay interval)
1 (initial spores)
1 (transmitted spore)
2 (max spores per enemy via spread)
2 (max spores per enemy via recast)
- Saryn infects an enemy target within 40 meters with 1 virulent spores for an unlimited duration. Each individual spore inflicts Viral damage per second with a 50% Viral status chance, lasting until the spores themselves or the infected enemy is destroyed.
- Saryn's disease spreads its infection rapidly, grows evermore lethal, and decays in the absence of hosts over the course of the epidemic:
- Shooting or hitting a spore directly bursts its membrane to release infectious pus, which regrows the spore on its host and transmits 1 spore to all nearby enemies within 10 meters; infected enemies can carry up to 2 spores via transmission from another enemy.
- Spores can spread by directly bursting them with weapons, abilities, and Bullet Jump. Enemy attacks can also burst spores on contact.
- All spores on an infected enemy will burst and spread if any of the following conditions are met:
- Spores' initial target is killed by any source.
- Players landing the killing blow on any infected enemies.
- Infected enemies are killed by Molt's explosion damage.
- Saryn's weapons hitting anywhere on the infected enemies' body while Toxic Lash is active.
- Infected enemies are killed by any source while sickened by Miasma.
- Spores do not spread if enemies infected via transmission are killed by Spores' damage per second alone.
- When zero infected enemies remain, Spores' current damage per second is instantly reduced by 20% then decays at 10% of the new total every 0.5 seconds until it reaches the initial damage amount. Damage decay stops when at least one enemy is infected by Spores.
- Current damage per second is visibly subtracted from the meter whilst a red flashing "decaying" warning message replaces the counter for number of infected enemies.
- The infection meter disappears when it reaches the initial damage amount.
- If Spores is still active, recasting Spores on any enemy consumes 20% of current damage per second from the infection meter and casts Spores for 50% reduced energy cost. Recasting on an infected enemy grows a new set of spores on the target, which carries up to 12 spores via recasting Spores on it.
- Spores is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
- Can be casted without a target and can be missed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.