“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”The Void Relics for this item have been removed from the drop tables at this time and are no longer available.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
(B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash and Puncture damage - effective against health and shields.
- Very high fire rate, achieved after a wind up period of five bullets.
- High accuracy.
- Large magazine size.
- Large magazine reserve size.
- Two polarity slots.
- Tied with normal Soma for the second lowest damage of all rifles, after Grakata.
- High fire rate generates high recoil, hindering accuracy.
- Low reload speed.
- Sub-optimal ammo efficiency.
- Soma Prime, compared to Soma:
- Lower base damage (18.0 vs. 20.0)
- Larger magazine (70 rounds vs. 50 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (210 rounds vs. 200 rounds)
- Faster spool-up (5 rounds vs. 8 rounds)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 6)
- See Category:Soma Prime Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Soma Prime Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Firing in short bursts and landing headshots will significantly increase its efficiency.
- Reload time can be shortened by using a melee attack or dodge roll when the reload timer reaches about 3/4. This works because, like many older weapons, the magazine is updated at this time instead of at the end, making the remaining time extraneous.
- The Soma Prime was one of the first prime items which had colorable gold parts. This trait was shared with the Vasto Prime, Nova Prime and the Pyra Prime Syandana.
- The ring-like formation through which the Warframe holds the weapon with their left hand rotates while firing, making this one of the few primary weapons that have firing animations.
- Like its non-prime version, the Soma Prime's magazine passes up through its receiver as it fires, with the portion of the magazine consumed indicating the amount of ammo left.
Soma Prime Skins
- On November 15, 2016, it was announced that the Soma Prime, along with Nova Prime and the Vasto Prime, would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on November 22, 2016. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
- On October 31, 2017, the Soma Prime became available for acquisition through Twitch Prime along with Frost Prime. This limited time offer lasted until December 31st, 2017.
- Soma Prime, along with Mag Prime, Nova Prime, Dakra Prime, Boar Prime, and Vasto Prime, were unvaulted from November 13, 2018.
- Soma, the standard version of this gun.
- Aksomati, the machine pistol counterparts of this weapon.
- Dual Raza, battle-hatchets inspired by Soma's design.
- Phaedra, Archwing rifle described as the Soma's big-sister.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.