The Sobek is a Grineer automatic shotgun that has a large 20-round drum magazine. While it suffers a very low reload speed and rate of fire, it is effective at laying down suppressing fire. It is used by the Grineer Trooper and Executioner Nok.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:25,000|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High base damage per pellet.
- Large magazine size.
- High ammo reserves.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against health.
- Low reload speed.
- Lowest fire rate of all fully automatic shotguns.
- Tied with Tigris for lowest pellet count of all shotguns.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Sobek Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Sobek Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The listed damage is actually the total of all the pellets' damage value. The actual damage per pellet is 13.5 Impact, 2.26 Puncture and 2.26 Slash.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sobek is named after the ancient Egyptian God of the Nile river, likely reflecting how the overall shape of the gun resembles a crocodile's head.
- Along with the Seer, the Sobek was one of the first weapons to possess a non-static model. In this case the central magazine rotates after each shot, and rotates for a second or two when starting the reload animation.
- The Sobek's twin barrels are telescopic, retracting when stored on the back of the Warframe.
- Sobek is the first weapon that has two PvE weapon-exclusive mods.
- Troopers will manually reload some of the shells when initiating a reload, using a separate animation from players. This may be a relic from when Troopers originally used the Strun as their main weapon.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The Sobek's drum magazine has long had minor alignment issues, and may clip out of place. This is easily observed when examining the weapon in the Arsenal screen.
- If the fire button continues to be held upon reaching the end of the magazine, the number of remaining rounds is replenished. Interrupting the animation at this point (rolling, using melee, etc.) results in an instant reload.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Trooper, the Grineer unit who uses this weapon.
- Shattering Justice, a Sobek-exclusive Syndicate mod.
- Acid Shells, a Sobek-exclusive PvE mod also used by Executioner Nok.