The Snipetron is a Corpus built sniper rifle. Its high focus on Puncture damage makes it an ideal weapon for bringing down heavily armored targets.
It was retired from the market due to lore issues where Corpus do not utilize weapons that fire bullets, but rely on energy weapons or railgun technology. Its blueprint would later be reintroduced as an event reward for completing certain events, most recently Operation: Plague Star.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against health.
- Good accuracy.
- Zooming in increases headshot damage by +30% at 2.5x zoom or 50% at 6x zoom.
- Has a polarity slot.
- Tied with Rubico for the lowest base damage of all sniper rifles.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by projectile flight speed).
- Small magazine size.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Snipetron, compared to Snipetron Vandal:
- Higher base damage (132.0 vs. 104.0)
- Smaller magazine (4 rounds vs. 6 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (20 rounds vs. 24 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (3.5 s vs. 2 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 5)
- See Category:Snipetron Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Snipetron Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Always ensure that Snipetron is fully loaded before heading on to further combat.
- The Snipetron was suddenly removed from the game's Market in Update 8 and was no longer obtainable. According to the developers, the Snipetron's use of standard bullets instead of energy projectiles did not fit the lore of the Corpus, and it was removed as a result.
- Players were able to obtain a Snipetron Vandal and a Blueprint for the normal Snipetron through the Informant Event after killing 20 Informers. The developers admitted that this was an apology for the Snipetron's sudden removal. Following the event, any piece of content to be removed from the market is now given a week's advance notice.
- The Snipetron blueprint was added as a reward for the Project Undermine Tactical Alert from the 2nd of October 2015 to the 5th of October 2015.
- The blueprint occasionally returns as an offering sold by Nakak (as Operational Supply) in Cetus during the Operation: Plague Star event for 3,000 and 5,000, making it the only way to acquire this weapon in the game.
- As this was the first true sniper rifle in the game, Grineer Ballista were equipped with this weapon before the Vulkar was introduced.
- The Snipetron shares an identical appearance with the Lanka, which effectively replaced it as the Corpus sniper rifle.
- Snipetron Vandal, the Vandalized counterpart of this sniper.
- Lanka, the successor of Snipetron, which is available in the Energy lab.