The Sheev is a close range dagger weapon of Grineer design that serves as a backup in the event that a Grineer is disarmed by any means. It offers high Slash damage and the tip of the blade glows with charged plasma that allows Heat procs on Slam Attacks, but has the slowest attack speed of any dagger.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage
- High Slash damage – effective against health and shields (although Puncture and Impact is much better against the respective damage classes).
- Large Slam Attack radius.
- Slam attack inflicts guaranteed Heat proc.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Lowest attack speed of all daggers, and tied with Plasma Sword for the lowest attack speed of all melee weapons.
- Stance slot has polarity, does not match the Conclave-only Piercing Fury stance.
- Very short reach.
- See Category:Sheev Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Sheev Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Sheev is a unique dagger originally featured as a reward in the Operation Gate Crash event and later as a buildable sortie reward. Players had to finish the Gate Crash node five times on each planet, for a total of 15 times or collect all parts from the sortie reward pool to obtain it.
- Like all event reward weapons, the Sheev came with its own weapon slot and pre-installed with an Orokin Catalyst.
- The weapon's name is likely derived from shiv, a slang term referring to improvised blade weapons, most commonly used as knives or daggers.
- Interestingly, the Sheev's blade shape is based on some combat knife designs, justifying its Codex entry's description.
- While the Sheev shares the same slam attack properties as the Heat Dagger, the former does not have the latter's circle of flame visual effect.
- The glowing "plasma" at the end of the weapon pulses. This 'plasma' appears similar to the 'plasma' at the edges of Grineer cleavers and machetes.
- Concept art for this weapon was first featured in Livestream 15.
- Despite being acquired from Invasions, the Sheev is the only weapon that does not share a Vandal or Wraith variation, unlike the rest of the weapons that are obtained in the same way.
- Heat Dagger, a very similar weapon.