The Scourge is Harrow's signature Speargun, firing fully automatic Corrosive projectiles that explode and damage nearby enemies in a small radius. Its Alternate Fire allows the very weapon itself to be thrown, inflicting a Bullet Attractor field on the heads of all enemies near the impact point.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 240||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- Innate Corrosive damage – effective against health.
- High Impact damage and good Slash damage on alt-fire – effective against shields.
- Impacts from the primary fire on enemies or surfaces causes an explosion that damages all enemies in a small radius.
- Does not deal self damage to the user.
- Alt-fire throws the Scourge to deal damage and cause Bullet Attractor-like fields on the heads of enemies near the impact point, allowing easier headshots with secondary weapons.
- High ammunition capacity.
- Very ammo efficient.
- Innate Corrosive damage – less effective against shields.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Low fire rate.
- Low reload speed.
- Once the Scourge is thrown, the player will not be able to use it until it is either picked up or when it returns to the player after 20 seconds.
- Secondary fire deals self damage to the user, and may also self-proc any modded status effects.
- The Scourge's alt-fire is a move that throws the weapon from your hand towards enemies, impaling enemies along its path with physical damage and inflicting a large area of effect that inflicts Corrosive damage on enemies as well as causing small Bullet Attractor-like fields to appear on their heads.
- Bullets fired at enemies will be drawn to the head. This does not guarantee a headshot.
- Bullet Attractor-like debuffs will be applied in pulses. while The Scourge stays in place, there is a slight pause between their expiration and the next pulse; the bullet attractor effect lasts for 3 seconds and the weapon will pulse every 5 seconds, meaning there's a 2 second downtime. From testing, it appears as if the Bullet attractor affect cannot be increased with status duration mods.
- The weapon, when thrown, will apply its bullet attract effect immediately when it hits an enemy or the ground. It will then pulse 3 times and reapply the bullet attration effect. Allowing the weapon remain in place until the 20-second timer runs out, which returns it to your hand, does not add an additional pulse at the end.
- If you wait 20 seconds, the weapon will return to you, but will not instantly become your active weapon; your secondary or melee will remain your active weapon. On the other hand, if you do run over and retrieve the weapon, it instantly becomes available - there is no holster-switch time, you can use the scourge immediately.
- Throwing the weapon does not cost ammo.
- If you retrieve your thrown scourge, all bullet attraction effects will be removed from all enemies even if the 3 second-duration has not been met.
- The Bullet attraction effect will apply to all enemies within range, there is no cap. the Range seems to be either 13m or 14m. There is no line of sight restriction.
- Throwing Scourge at full ammo vs. 1 ammo left in the magazine does not seem to matter in any way.
- Naturally, Knell and Dual Toxocyst will benefit greatly from the Scourge's alt-fire effects as they will easily gain their respective on hit buffs.
- A Scourge refers to a whip with multiple thongs or "tails" (a Cat o' nine tails being a good example), and was often used for corporal punishment as well as for self-flagellation by religious penitents. In contemporary terminology, the term has been applied to people, groups, or events that resulted in great calamity.
- Scourge is the first fully-elemental weapon of Tenno origin.
- Adhesive Blast could be used to allow the projectiles to stick then explode, but this feature was disabled, making the mod do nothing when equipped.
- Has a high chance of disappearing when thrown.