Gluttonous maggots swarm nearby enemies, feasting until they are hit with Virulence burst with Infestation. The maggots benefit from Mutation and each enemy hit adds to the Mutation stack.
|Strength:200 (explosion damage)|
10 (health regen per second)
|Range:4 m (explosion radius)|
|Misc:8 m (ability diameter)|
9 (number of maggots)
100 (maggot health)
10 (maggot toxin damage)
- Nidus converts one Mutation stacks into ravenous Infestation, which spreads outward from Nidus and across the surrounding landscape to create spawning grounds with a diameter of 8 meters, lingering for 10 seconds. Nidus and his allies will regenerate 10 health per second when inside the spawning grounds.
- Health regen buff area is an invisible cylinder, allowing eligible targets to retain the buff up to a height of 8 meters above the spawning grounds.
- Ravenous' health regeneration is visible to players as a buff icon beside the shield and health indicators on the HUD, indicating the health regen rate.
- Health regeneration affects ally Warframes and ability-summoned units.
- Infested cysts form on the spawning grounds, hatching up to 9 Maggots that seek out nearby enemies to feast upon. Once enemies are detected, Maggots frenzy with increased movement speed and leap toward their prey to latch onto them. While attached to an enemy, each Maggot will continuously stun its target and inflict 10 Toxin damage per second until the target dies or Maggot expires.
- The Toxin damage is amplified by the number of Mutation stacks accumulated using the following formula: Toxin Damage × (1 + Number of Stacks)
- When detonated by Virulence, when their hosts die, when killed, or when Ravenous duration expires, Maggots explode to deal 200 Blast damage to all enemies within a 4 meter radius.
- Explosion damage is affected by the number of Mutation stacks accumulated.
- Maggot explosion and Toxin damage are calculated and predetermined when Ravenous is cast. All three will not be recalculated if any changes in Mutation stacks occur while Ravenous is active.
- Has a casting time of 1.5 seconds.
- Ravenous can be recast while active.
- Only one instance can be active at a time.
- Recasting Ravenous while on the spawning grounds will refresh its duration without relocating it.
- Maggot explosion and Toxin damage will not be recalculated if an instance of Ravenous is recast.
- Due to Ravenous' casting time, players will have to recast at least 1.5 seconds before the duration ends to maintain the old instance.
- Recasting Ravenous away from an active spawning ground creates a new instance at the new location while removing the older instance.
- Maggot explosion and Toxin damage are recalculated if a new instance of Ravenous is created.
- Maggots and spawning grounds possess unique properties as independent entities from Nidus:
- Maggots possess a base health of 100 and draw enemy aggro.
- Maggot health is not affected by the number of Mutation stacks accumulated.
- Maggots have their own rank.
- Maggot rank is identical to Nidus' rank (e.g., a rank-25 Nidus' Maggots will be level 25).
- Currently it's not known what effect the maggots' rank has.
- Maggots can not be damaged by Nidus or allies.
- When Maggots cannot attach to enemies, they will instead bite or seek other enemies to latch on to.
- Maggot lifespan is tied to the duration of the ability, during which they will actively seek out enemies or wander around or away from the spawning grounds.
- Maggots will automatically explode when killed, when Ravenous' duration expires, when their hosts die, or when detonated by Virulence.
- On death, Maggots respawn from cysts throughout the duration of Ravenous, up to the maximum number of 9 active Maggots.
- Nidus maggots are affected by his chosen Warframe energy color.
- After casting Ravenous, there will be a 4 second delay before the Maggots start running towards/attacking nearby enemies.
- Opponents can just bullet jump away as maggots can’t attack air.
- Spawning grounds is created at the location where Nidus casts the ability.
- Spawning grounds' infestation does not expand up or down high terrain elevations, but does flow up and down stairs and ramps.
- Within the spawning grounds, various unique models will spawn for visual representation only. Players and AI can path through them unhindered.
- Textures on the ground are blended with an infestation mesh.
- Three infested nests erupt on the edges of the infestation, positioned in triangular vertices. Nests glow, pulsate, and emit spore particles, which are affected by the chosen energy color.
- Numerous patches of infested flora resembling tall grass encompass the ground, rustling when brushed past by players and AI while glowing in the chosen energy color.
- Several infested branches sprout from the infestation to attach to nearby walls and objects in vertical and diagonal axis. Branches glow in the chosen energy color.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.