The Pyrana is a secondary automatic Tenno shotgun, available from the Tenno Lab. With its fast fire rate and high Slash damage, the Pyrana can easily decimate groups of lightly armored targets. However, this is counterbalanced by its high recoil and damage falloff.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage - effective against health and shields (although Puncture and Impact is much better against the respective damage classes).
- Fully automatic.
- Efficient ammo economy.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Linear damage falloff from 100% to 27.27% from 15m to 30m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Low accuracy.
- High recoil, especially on full auto.
- Shots goes to the right and up. Horizontally it hits rightmost side of the reticle at 3m, worsening at longer distances.
- Pyrana, compared to Pyrana Prime:
- Higher base damage (72.0 vs. 60.0)
- Higher fire rate (4.17 rounds/sec vs. 4 rounds/sec)
- Shorter range before damage falloff starts (15m vs. 18m)
- Shorter range before damage falloff ends (30m vs. 36m)
- Slower reload speed (2 s vs. 1.6 s)
- Less accurate (5 vs. 6)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 13)
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Pyrana Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Pyrana Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The listed damage is actually a combination of all twelve pellets' damage values. The actual damage per pellet is 0.6 Impact, 0.6 Puncture, and 4.8 Slash.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The weapon's name, design and description are all derived from the piranha, an omnivorous freshwater fish that inhabits South American rivers. The piranha is well known for hunting its prey in packs and viciously tearing it apart.
Media[edit | edit source]