|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health and shields (although Puncture and Impact is much better against the respective damage classes).
- No recoil and pinpoint accuracy.
- Shots ricochet off surfaces, allowing them to hit multiple targets or hit the same target.
- Charged shots have innate 2.5 meter punch through.
- Projectiles are wide, allowing them to hit multiple targets standing next to each-other.
- Has a polarity.
- Can equip the Miter-exclusive Thundermiter mod.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage.
- Projectiles have slow travel time.
- Low fire rate.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
|Main Blueprint||16.67%||13 – 14 kills||47 ± 13 kills|
Expected refers to total number of attempts a player can expect to need in order to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of attempts a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained, visit here.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the slow projectile speed, it can be difficult to hit targets. Even is they are directly approaching you from a distance. If you instead aim at the ground ahead of them, the blade will ricochet off of the ground and almost invariably hit your target.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When fired from a clone via Hall Of Mirrors, the projectile will be the user's color palette, however the destroyed sawblade will be the default palette upon contact with a second bounce.
- When firing the projectiles at a Button on certain Orokin missions, the blades will hit the button and spin in place. At the end of their flight time, they will fall to the ground.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Miter has a non-static model; its discs rotate inside the weapon during charging, although the effect is barely visible to the user due to the position of the gun.
- The Miter was first seen in the game with the Grineer Eviscerator in the Sling-Stone Event.
- A miter saw is a type of power saw with a circular sawblade.
- Written on the disc is the word which translates to "Cutface" in Grineer.
- The Miter can be carried by Grineer Targets in a Capture mission.
- A blade that has been shot can be found on the ground shortly after its third impact. After a few seconds it will disappear.
- When held using Hall Of Mirrors, the sawblade will not be hidden if the User looks through one of their clones.
- Grineer Eviscerators seem to be able to fire the weapon faster than a player can without any fire rate Mods (uncharged).
- The Panthera, a rifle which requires the Miter as a prerequisite to be built, similarly fires sawblades, with an additional ability to fire a levitating saw that deals continuous damage.
- Slightly contrasting the Miter, however, the Panthera's sawblades are aligned vertically, compared to the Miter, whose sawblades are aligned horizontally.
- It cannot charge its attacks unlike the Miter.
- The Miter can be considered one of the toughest weapons to acquire in the game. Due to its high number of parts in addition to the Twin Gremlins Blueprint being on the same drop table, it's highly likely to end up with multiple duplicates before getting the last missing part.
- The Miter is reminiscent of the Ripper/Ripjack Weapon from Unreal Tournament (Which DE also worked on) as seen here, which features the same functionality except for the UT exclusive Alt-Fire of a detonating blade and reduced bounces from 6 to 3.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Eviscerator, the Grineer unit that uses the Miter.
- Punch through, for details on which parts of the environment can and cannot be pierced by the blade.
- Panthera, the weapon that is crafted using the Miter.