|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 125||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Chem Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|Prereq: Detonite Injector|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- Very high base damage.
- High reload speed.
- Very good ammunition efficiency.
- Decent fire rate.
- Has a polarity.
- Can use the Marelok-exclusive Shrapnel Rounds mod.
- Inaccuracy is noticeable over long range.
- Low magazine size.
- High recoil.
- Marelok, compared to Vaykor Marelok:
- Higher base damage (80.0 vs. 73.0)
- Smaller magazine (6 rounds vs. 10 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (24 rounds vs. 30 rounds)
- Lack of an innate Justice effect
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 10)
- See Category:Marelok Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Marelok Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- In order to reach the full fire-rate, one must fire the next shot just before the "lever-action" animation is completed.
- Due to the Marelok's low accuracy, additional bullets generated via Multishot will sometimes hit enemies behind or next to the main target, giving the illusion of Punch Through.
- The Marelok is likely named after the Mare's Leg, which refers to a lever-action rifle cut down to the size of a large pistol.
- Closer inspection reveals that the Marelok is indeed a Grinlok with its barrel and stock cut down to size and its magazine moved to the bottom of the gun.
- The Marelok's description initially misspelled it as Marelock. This was fixed shortly afterward.
- The Marelok is spun around the finger lever after every shot, which was mentioned in Devstream 22 to be a reference to a lever-action shotgun used in the movie Terminator 2.
- The Marelok was first showcased in Devstream 22 along with the Grinlok. It was supposed to be released alongside the Grinlok and come as a dual/akimbo weapon, but its release was delayed due to the additional coding required to handle the animations involved.
- The color scheme of the Marelok is darker compared to the Grinlok.
- Currently, the only Grineer units that use the Marelok are Shik Tal, and the Kuva Shield Lancer, with the former's Marelok having been modified to fire rockets rather than bullets.
Last updated: Hotfix 23.7.1
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.