The Machete Wraith is the Wraith variant of the Machete, featuring an increased base damage and attack speed. Originally obtained from completing at least 25 missions during The Gradivus Dilemma, the Machete Wraith is the second Wraith weapon to be released, after the Strun Wraith.
This weapon was first introduced as a potential reward from The Gradivus Dilemma event if players fought in 25 battles and the conflict favored the Grineer. As the Grineer succeeded in the event, the weapon was awarded, complete with a free weapon slot and pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
The Machete Wraith is now potentially sold by Baro Ki'Teer in the Concourse section of the Tenno Relay for 250,000 and 410. Note that Baro Ki'Teer's stock changes with each appearance, and this weapon may not be available on a succeeding appearance.
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Third-highest base damage of all machetes, below Nami Solo and Machete.
- Above average attack speed.
- Innate two polarities.
- Machete Wraith, compared to Machete:
- See Category:Machete Wraith Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Machete Wraith Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Gradivus Dilemma was introduced as a chance to bring back the original Machete as it was decommissioned prior to event and cannot be expected to return. However, from July 10, 2014 to July 16, 2014 the original Machete's blueprint was given to players upon logging in as an apology for the delay of Update 14.0.
- The Machete Wraith is the second Wraith weapon (after Strun Wraith) and also the first event-exclusive melee weapon.
- As with many other old Wraith and Vandal weapons, only the energy color could be changed. Other colors may be selected, but would not show on the weapon, unless said weapon possessed a skin.
- As of Update 22, all default skins of Vandal and Wraith weapons can be fully coloured.
- The Machete Wraith is the second Wraith weapon to be re-released, after the Strun Wraith.