The MK1-Kunai is MK1 variant of the Kunai and is the standard issue throwing knives for all Tenno recruits, suited for new players who desire a silent and stealthy sidearm.
This weapon can be sold for 2,500.
During the Vor's Prize tutorial prologue, the MK1-Kunai is one of two secondary weapons offered to the player, the other being the Lato.
The weapon can also be purchased from the Market for 15,000.
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields.
- Projectiles have travel time with arcing.
- Although listed as 100% accurate, the MK1-Kunai has a slight random spread with every throw, making long range targets more difficult to hit.
- MK1-Kunai, compared to Kunai:
- Lower base damage (88.0 vs. 88.2)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 2)
- Main article: Category:Kunai Build
See the user build section for builds using this weapon.
- The MK1-Kunai does not have the pinning properties of other projectile weapons, such as the Boltor or Paris, but will simply throw targets backwards upon death.
- The Kunai (苦無) was traditionally a multipurpose tool, similar in design to a crowbar. It could be used for gardening, masonry, and other things.
- In popular culture, the word "Kunai" is often associated with ninjas and is depicted as a throwing knife.
- The MK1-Kunai was introduced as a new starting weapon option in Update 14.0, alongside the Lato and the MK1-Furis.
- The MK1-Kunai is the only weapon obtainable in Vor's Prize yet to receive a prime upgrade.
- The Spira Prime was originally meant to be the Prime upgrade to the Kunai, but it was mistranslated to Spira, DE changed its stats and made it the Prime to the normal Template:Weapom .
- Despite being acquirable from the Vor's Prize tutorial, the MK1-Kunai currently requires Mastery Rank 2 to purchase.
- Close up shot of the Kunai being held
- The stance used when holding the Kunai
- Kunai Colour Choices
- Holding the Kunai like dual pistols
- Hobbled Sprinting Kunai
- Sliding Kunai Glitch
Warframe Let's Build the KUNAI Throwing Daggers (Damage 2.0)
- Picking up disarmed thrown Secondary weapons (Kunai, etc.) will now display the context action “Pick Up *Thrown Weapon” instead of “Pick up Auto Pistol”.
- Fixed the MK-1 Kunai not being purchasable in the Market when completing Vor's Prize.
- Kunai model reworked.
- Kintsugi and Nocturne skins added.
- MK 1 Kunai damage has been increased in Conclave.
- Fixed the MK1-Kunai alerting enemies instead of being Silent.
- Day of the Dead skin added.
- Fixed the Mk-1 Kunai showing a Platinum cost in the Market.
- Fixed the bloom FX on Kunai weapons making it too difficult to aim through the glare.
- Slightly improved hit effects to Kunai impact visual.
- Adjustments made to Kunai holster to remove redundant visual attachments.
- Reduced conclave ratings for MK-1 weapons.
- Fixed cases where MK-1 weapons that had been acquired during the Tutorial would never gain XP.
- MK-1 weapons have been added to the Market.
- MK-1 weapons can now be seen in the Codex.
- Kunai, the standard version of this weapon.
- Despair, another thrown secondary, used by the Stalker.
- Hikou, another thrown secondary.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics
| Primary Rifles
|| Baza • Boltor ( Prime, Telos) • Braton ( MK1, Prime, Vandal) • Buzlok • Dera ( Vandal) • Grakata ( Prisma) • Karak ( Wraith) • Mutalist Quanta • Panthera • Tetra ( Prisma)
|| Gorgon ( Prisma, Wraith) • Soma ( Prime) • Supra ( Vandal)
|| Grinlok ( Prisma) • Latron ( Prime, Wraith) • Veldt
|| Burston ( Prime) • Hema • Paracyst • Quartakk • Sybaris ( Dex, Prime) • Tiberon
|| Amprex • Flux Rifle • Glaxion ( Vandal) • Ignis ( Wraith) • Quanta ( Vandal) • Synapse
|| Miter • Opticor ( Vandal)
|| Argonak • Battacor • Fulmin • Harpak • Hind • Stradavar ( Prime) • Tenora • Tiberon Prime • Zenith
|| Acceltra • Ogris • Penta ( Carmine, Secura) • Simulor ( Synoid) • Tonkor • Torid • Zarr
|| Ferrox • Javlok • Scourge
| Primary Shotguns
|| Astilla • Boar ( Prime) • Kohm • Sobek
|| Arca Plasmor • Corinth • Exergis • Hek ( Vaykor) • Strun ( MK1, Wraith)
|| Tigris ( Prime, Sancti)
|| Convectrix • Phage
| Sniper Rifles
|| Komorex • Rubico ( Prime) • Snipetron ( Vandal) • Vectis ( Prime) • Vulkar ( Wraith)
|| Attica • Zhuge ( Prime)
|| Cernos ( Mutalist, Prime, Rakta) • Daikyu • Dread • Lenz • Paris ( MK1, Prime)
|| Dargyn • Rampart
|| Artemis Bow