The Lenz is a Corpus bow with a unique mechanic. It fires special bolts that inflict weak Cold procs within a six-meter radius before exploding and dealing a large amount of Blast damage within the same radius. It has the drawbacks of slow charge rate and small ammo pool.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 235||Blueprints Price:50,000|
|Energy Lab Research 4,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Blast damage.
- Highest base damage of all bows.
- Arrow impacts explode in a 5-meter area of effect.
- Direct arrow impacts deals Impact damage.
- Initial explosion has a guaranteed Cold proc in a 3-meter area of effect when impacting enemies or surfaces, regardless of mods.
- Cold status effect reduces a target's movement speed and fire/attack rate by 50% over a duration of 6 seconds.
- Shortly after the Cold effect, another explosion occurs in the same 5 meter area of effect zone, dealing very high Blast damage.
- On kill, bodies will follow the arrow that killed them, damaging anyone in their path and pinning the corpse to walls.
- Innate two polarities.
- Innate Blast damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Inflicts self damage if the arrow is fired too close to the user: the Cold proc on the arrow's impact, and the Blast damage from the resulting explosion. This renders the Lenz less suited for close-quarters combat.
- Blast explosion does not occur if the arrow hits allies.
- Damage cannot be converted with Puncture or Slash mods.
- Arrows have travel time with slight arcing.
- Slowest charge speed of all bows.
- Cannot be fired at partial charge.
- If the bow is charged but not fired for more than a few seconds, the charge will be lost.
- Low ammo pool.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There are actually three sources of damage with the weapon. The arrow itself will deal Impact, then a large Cold proc will occur when the arrow hits an enemy or surface, before exploding with Blast damage.
- Enemies killed with the initial arrow's Impact damage are ragdolled and launched forward, dealing the same damage to other enemies in their path. In such cases, the arrow will not arm until the slain enemy's corpse strikes a wall, the floor, or any other piece of level geometry. The arrow will then create its detonation field at the point where the corpse 'lands'.
- Additional projectiles caused by Mirage's Hall Of Mirrors do not inflict self-damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Volt's Electric Shield can be used to guard against self-damage.
- Shooting Nova's Antimatter Drop with the Lenz results in its projectiles instantly skipping to the explosion phase (self-damage still applies).
- Limbo's Rift Walk can protect from the explosion without having to escape the area of effect, even if already slowed by the initial proc if the player shifts planes quickly enough.
- Players that tend to have trouble with other explosive weapons such as Angstrum, Zarr, or similar may find using the Lenz to be far easier. With practice, it is possible to use maneuvers like rolls to evade the primary Blast, even after being inflicted with the weapon's Cold proc.
- It can be helpful to aim at a nearby surface within the enemy's vicinity and use the Lenz as a timed mine layer. The innate guaranteed Cold proc upon the arrow's impact will minimize enemy potential to escape, allowing the bulk of the Blast damage to reach them most of the time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Lenz is the first bow that is not silent, and also the first bow that cannot equip Thunderbolt.
- The Lenz's name may be a nod to Emil Lenz, a Russian physicist who studied electromagnetism. He is most commonly known for Lenz's Law.
- The pitch of the humming sound played when charging a shot changes with altered fire rates. A higher fire rate results in a more high pitched sound, while a slower fire rate produces a lower pitched sound.
- The Corpus text on the bow translates to "AUOKZ", its meaning unknown.